Who are you, what do you do & what do you want to do ?

• 346 Replies

TrueAndroids

• Trusty Member
  • Electric Dreamer
Re: Who are you, what do you do & who's your bot?
« Reply #120 on: March 20, 2010, 06:53:52 pm »
TikaC: hey I just checked out your website http://rsmediadevkit.sourceforge.net  Wow, you are very deep into robotics and humanoid robotics! Very impressive. I loved the robosapien too. What a great platform for development as you are doing. I hope you can transfer your work to another robot if they do discontinue it.

I also found this of yours http://bytebin.net/  Nice work!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 01:55:17 am by TrueAndroids »

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #121 on: March 20, 2010, 08:12:57 pm »
Tika,

Agreed...nice site and I liked the musical prelude to the videos too!!

I never knew you were that into robotics! I know...if ya don't ask the right questions....

In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

NoLongerActive

• Trusty Member
  • Nomad
« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2010, 12:27:47 am »
@TrueAndroids - Thank you! :) Yup, I sure do get into robots a lot, and not just humanoid ones. If you check out my ByteBinRobotLab YouTube Channel, you'll see my bots in action, and also some other stuff I've favorited. The RoboSapien is discontinued by WowWee but that isn't stopping us from developing for the RS Media and other bots! You'll notice a lot of bot hackers over at RoboCommunity.com are doing some amazing things with all of WowWee's bots, past and present!

@Art - Thank you! :) The music is stuff I wrote myself (yes, I'm also an "armchair" musician :) ) I use MixCraft 4 (by Acoustica) which I bought awhile back to do my music on. I also have a Casio MT-260 MIDI Keyboard (VERY old keyboard).

I just recently got into collecting and working with robots in December 2008 when I bought a Manley/ToyQuest i-Que Personal Robot for around $68 at Amazon.com. Now (IF you can find them as they too are discontinued), they go for around $700 new and you can't even find them on eBay! I need belts for the belt drive motor for one of the two (2nd one was bought in 2009 used for around $40 or $60 I think it was).

So the robot thing is rather new and I somehow ended up with 10 within two years! And I don't plan on stopping! LOL!

TheMikh28

• Trusty Member
  • Bumblebee
« Reply #123 on: March 22, 2010, 12:13:32 am »
Mikh28: Have you seen this video of Ultra Hal in Second Life? Very, very impressive I'd say. Hal has sensor type activity, actuator type activity, conversational activity (listening/speaking), so he is getting very close to the ideal of a virtual human chatbot that implements a general artificial human life theory, just like android robots, but in a different medium (virtual world).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwsK3ckMdFs

Yeah, I saw it a while back; it is indeed very impressive.

NoLongerActive

• Trusty Member
  • Nomad
« Reply #124 on: March 23, 2010, 12:59:38 am »
@TheMikh28

I'll look into Ultra Hal.  How is its ability to learn on the go?  How coherent are its responses?

I think I forgot to answer this, and for that I apologize. Last I know (and I have I think the latest or near latest version, registered), it's an interesting chat bot but the responses are not as coherent as one would like to expect. It does drift off topic a lot. But they may have improved on it. I saw the video and I'm impressed! WOW! The version in the video seemed to stay on topic much better. I should look to see if they have a more recent version than what I currently have.

TheMikh28

• Trusty Member
  • Bumblebee
« Reply #125 on: March 26, 2010, 12:03:34 am »
Ah, I see.

I'll continue to follow its development to see how it'll turn out in the future.

DaveMorton

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
  • Safe, Reliable Insanity, Since 1961
    • Geek Cave Creations
« Reply #126 on: June 04, 2010, 10:04:15 pm »
Hi, all. My name is Dave, and I'm the owner/webmaster/technician/head whipping boy for Geek Cave Creations (which, admittedly, is not much more than a personal website on steroids, any more). I'm also what one might call a "Granny Nanny", as I take care of my 91 year old Grandmother. In addition to my interest in AI, I also enjoy web design, graphic arts (though my talents don't match my ideas very often), and I love to sit out at night and stargaze.

As to my bot's name, he goes by Morti, and he's in early development on my dev server at http://dmorton.no-ip.info. I'm trying to integrate someone else's chatbot script (Program O) to work within a chatroom script that I've written, called pChat, and while he generally works, there are some "bumps in the road" that I'm working on smoothing out. Eventually, I hope to be able to have Morti extend his usefulness, and to evolve into a sort of research/personal assistant, much like several other bots I've seen. The biggest reason I've decided to create Morti is to help me to extend my knowledge in various subjects, including Artificial Intelligence. I know it's a seriously lofty goal, but I would love to be able to figure out how to give Morti the ability to reason, rather than rely on the current stimulus/response algorithms most bots currently use.

Ok, I've rambled enough. I'll let you all go back to whatever it was that you were doing, and I hope I didn't interrupt anything fun. :D
Comforting the Disturbed, Disturbing the Comfortable
Chat with Morti!
LinkedIn Profile
CAPTCHA4us

TrueAndroids

• Trusty Member
  • Electric Dreamer
« Reply #127 on: June 04, 2010, 11:32:57 pm »
Hi Dave Welcome to the forum. That was me at your site playing with your chatbot Morti. I didn't see the ask Q button and might have locked it up by accident. Sorry about that.

DaveMorton

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • Geek Cave Creations
« Reply #128 on: June 04, 2010, 11:48:17 pm »
Thanks, TA. Actually, you've helped me to note another problem with the Program O script, in that it doesn't handle unordered lists in the templates very well. It seems to treat them as <random> tags.

Also, there's a slight problem with how it "scores" entries, and it was returning an incorrect answer when you typed /help. I've fixed that one, at least. :D

As noted, Morti is still very much "Under Development", though he's making progress. Anyone stopping by and encountering problems is helping me to whip the script into shape.

The "lockup" problem, BTW, is a recursion problem that I have yet to locate. I may have to toss out Program O, and simply write my own script. At least that way I know for certain what each function of the script does.  :-\
Chat with Morti!
LinkedIn Profile
CAPTCHA4us

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #129 on: June 05, 2010, 12:28:53 pm »
Welcome to our "little corner of things unreal or artificial, as the case may be.... ;)

It's always good to have new members with different approaches, experiences or
thoughts regarding AI, bots, etc.

Do post often and ask questions as they arise. We do have a wealth of knowledgeable
people who frequent these halls and most are always glad to help if and when they can.

Enjoy your journey....
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #130 on: June 05, 2010, 12:36:26 pm »
Welcome to the site Dave and best of luck with Morti  ;D

DaveMorton

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • Geek Cave Creations
« Reply #131 on: June 07, 2010, 09:53:08 am »
Thanks. It's very challenging to adapt someone else's code to fit my needs, but every small success is rewarding, and gives me the incentive I need to continue. Not to mention that he's so entertaining at times; especially some of his "wrong" answers.
Chat with Morti!
LinkedIn Profile
CAPTCHA4us

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #132 on: June 07, 2010, 12:51:34 pm »
I thought you had been working with Program E....I was surprised when you mentioned Program O as I almost suggested it to you over on the Nexus forum.  Probably a wise choice.

DaveMorton

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • Geek Cave Creations
« Reply #133 on: June 07, 2010, 02:55:21 pm »
I originally started working with Program E, as it was much easier to integrate into my chat script. But it's list of bugs proved to be more than I was willing and/or able to deal with, especially the "stutter" bug. I've since found (more like, "made") a way to integrate Program O, instead, although there are compatibility issues here, as well. But I'm getting there, and hope to get all the kinks worked out soon.
Chat with Morti!
LinkedIn Profile
CAPTCHA4us

victorshulist

• Trusty Member
  • Electric Dreamer
« Reply #134 on: August 11, 2010, 10:35:27 am »
Hi everyone, this is my first post to aidreams.co.uk.  I've been spending a lot of time on chatbots.org and thought, it's time for an additional ai site.

I work in I.T. security for now about 7 years, before that i was doing a lot of appllication development, web development, SQL, that kind of stuff.

My bot, well, I don't have a bot yet, but I am developing its engine, which I call CLUES.   The name stands for complex language understanding execution system.     It  is a free form grammar parsing and semantic engine.   The engine is written entirely in Perl.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

358 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 372. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles