Who are you, what do you do & what do you want to do ?

• 346 Replies

dan

• Mechanical Turk
    • AI
Re: Who are you, what do you do & who's your bot?
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2006, 10:08:51 pm »
Ok, so this is a full figure of me...well, sort of, I used Derek, I'll have to try the other guys to see if they respond to the haps better. 

My bot is HAL, I change the graphics often but I'm trying to keep the brain going. 

I work in an EMC engineering lab.  I like way too many things, but family takes up most of my time.  I work way too much also.  I've been taken by the fly fishing bug (pardon the pun), and started making my own flies (not that I get much time to do that either).  Right now my laptop is smothered with hap, htr's, and jpg icons, as well as a few AI programs.  I like listening to web radio and surfing for items I'm interested in, I've always had an interest in martial arts, and have a very trashed geocities web site geocities.com/danbaltzell which has more links to my interest.

I've enjoyed this site greatly and thanks for all the work that you've all done it's greatly appreciated.
A computer would deserve to be called intelligent if it could deceive a human into believing that it was human. A.Turing

ALADYBLOND

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2006, 11:20:59 pm »
dan absolutely impressive job you did on incorporating you onto a full body. looks real good.... keep posting~~alady
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 12:04:17 am by admin »
~~if i only had a brain~~

dan

• Mechanical Turk
    • AI
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2006, 05:56:35 pm »
Thanks, you probably know this, which is a bit odd.   I took a digital of my face and left in the glasses on PP, but they move like they are part of the eyes, squinting and moving with facial expressions, makes them look rubbery, but the shadows of the glasses are on the jpg I used. :)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 06:09:29 pm by dan »
A computer would deserve to be called intelligent if it could deceive a human into believing that it was human. A.Turing

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2006, 07:27:04 pm »
I agree with aladyblond thats a nice job, the face is really convincing.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 12:04:27 am by admin »

dan

• Mechanical Turk
    • AI
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2006, 09:58:41 pm »
Thanks Freddy, that means a lot coming from all of you.  But alas and alack, I've lost it all.  My computer crashed and I had to reformat it.  I had backups of the programs but I'm having problems getting them up and running yet. I guess that's life in the fast lane :cheesy :buck2  :angry  I'll just look to the bright side and think of all the house cleaning on the drive I don't have to do now, and all the free hard drive space.  Well I better get back to work on it. TTFN
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 12:04:51 am by admin »

ALADYBLOND

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2006, 11:18:01 pm »
 so sorry to hear about the crash lets us know what we can do to get your hard drive filled up again...alady
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 12:04:42 am by admin »
~~if i only had a brain~~

dan

• Mechanical Turk
    • AI
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2006, 03:12:49 pm »
I think I have everything back up again finally, but I can't seem to be able to see the haptek temp file when I open the viewer?  Has me puzzled, now I just need to download skins and I'll be up and running again.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2006, 04:46:00 pm »
You may find it in the Applications Data folder, also try a folder search to find it if it goes walkabout - it does that sometimes, it depends on how it installs itself.

dan

• Mechanical Turk
    • AI
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2006, 07:18:45 pm »
That's what I thought, I did a search and nothing came up (while I had it open), it installed with HAL5.  I installed HAL6 and then thought it may be the installation and went to Hapteck to download it, but still nothing.  I then tried the SDK thinking that's what I did before to get it, but still nothing, I'll keep trying, but thanks for the advice especially the walkabout, that gives me hints (it's something down under, hopping around)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 12:05:07 am by admin »

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2006, 10:28:09 pm »
The only other thing I can think of it is something to do with the Haptek restrictions in Hal6 - you have to buy the character expansion pack to use further Haptek things.  I still haven't got around to buying Hal6 yet so I know not.

doc

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2006, 01:04:10 pm »
Dan, I know some Haptek script commands that could be of assistance to you.

- Start up a .htr-character
- press ENTER to invoke the debug console
- typ "texture name" without the quotes at the query-input field
? You will now receive the file name of the texture that the active character is using, for instance:

Q: texture name
A: girl1_Texture.jhp

- Now use another command to retrieve the location of this texture, which ofcourse should be found in the temporary folder
- typ "status file {file name}" in the query-input field, for example:

Q: status file girl1_Texture.jhp

Hopefully this method works. Let us know if you decide to try it.

dan

• Mechanical Turk
    • AI
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2006, 02:28:52 pm »
It's the darndest thing, I went to look for it this morning and there it was, like it was there all the time.  I think it was one of those walk about things.  But, I'm locked on to it now and won't let it get away.  So I made a replacement figure for me and I'll be off and running again, thanks for all the help.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 12:05:22 am by admin »

Mouse

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2006, 11:09:59 am »
Hi I'm Mouse  :smiley I'm a bellydancing, fish keeping, internet junky from Australia.

I discovered Hal a few weeks ago when I was looking for a new PIM of all things. I've always had a thing for graphics and programs with a twist & Hal just totally blew me away and seemed to open a door to a whole new amazing world that I didn't know existed. So far I know pretty much zip, but I'm reading everything I can in hopes something eventually sinks in. One day I would love to be able to create htr's etc & work out how to get full body skins to work. If I could find or make a bellydancer to run in Hal (or any other program) it would be awesome!

Looking forward to spending more time here
Mouse

Maviarab

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • What are you doing Dave?
    • The Celluloid Sage
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2006, 12:57:13 pm »
hehe...bellydancer eh?...think ive fallen out of love with ALADY 

On the serious side...everything you wanted to know are in these pages mouse...as for your belly dancing Hal...well...we can make haptek fullbody dance...so all you need is the skin of a belly dancer ??

Il look and see when i can get a spare few hours and come up with a skin for the budding belly dancer community hehe
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 12:05:47 am by admin »

Mouse

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2006, 03:13:59 pm »
A full body bellydancing Hal would be amazing! Even just a head with egyptian style makeup etc would be fantastic. I would really appreciate anything you came up with. Of course at this point I have absolutely no idea how its done so methinks that should possibly be the first thing I concentrate on  :huh
Anyone know of any good beginner tutes? Or is it best to just run off and play and hope whatever I end up with doesn't look like its been run over with a car a few times?

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

292 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 346. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles