Who are you, what do you do & what do you want to do ?

• 346 Replies

madmax

• Bumblebee
Re: Who are you, what do you do & what do you want to do ?
« Reply #285 on: February 21, 2016, 05:22:39 pm »
Let see different approach.What are psychopaths, those who have difficulties to experience emotions but they could be very intelligent.This is like life showing anomaly through we could see what is happening when intelligence and other life system function are not well connected.

And emotions are not only important life function, there are some primitive in brain places that are responsible for maintain involuntary life functions, and they are interconnected with emotions too.So life is like some precise balance with complex system that response to this balance and trying to maintain balance with unpredictable surround circumstances.And intelligence is just one of the interconnected functions.

What we as society doing with balance of life environment.We have economic system that we thing is self-driving, but as we can see this economic self-driving system make pollution and destroy natural environment, to not mention climate change.What is the point, we alienated our self from life, like we do in this case with intelligence.

Making system that beating us in game is intelligent, but we use game to learn something about our limits or to expend our limits.If we have microscope that is helping us to see and not making us less intelligent or making microscope it self more sophisticated then we are or some how intelligent.Everything we make is our intelligence, if we make something by accident and get some impressive results, it is on our intelligence to find out why is that so.

If we make self driving system, that is extension of our intelligence it is not AI.There cant be AI.The most important thing is how we developed our intelligence through learning by or about this complex data operating systems.

« Reply #286 on: May 03, 2016, 03:48:53 am »
I'm a senior in high school who is about to graduate in a few weeks. I'm going to go to college for computer science.

Compared to others, I do not have much experience in programming. I've made small things here and there but nothing substantial in terms of web development. I've worked as lead programmer of my school's FIRST robotics team. "Leader" might be a stretch, seeing as there was only one other programmer, but I digress. I've also tinkered a bit in robotics, having constructed an autonomously roving bot that doesn't run into walls (as instructed by a guide that went with the parts) for my senior thesis.

I'm hoping to use my CS degree for artificial intelligence someday. I feel as if I'm starting out small, but I've had a passion for technology for a long while and I'm sure if I can push past the fact that school has drained almost all of my energy for learning, then I can accomplish something noteworthy.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #287 on: May 03, 2016, 11:53:30 am »
Welcome :)

I found college and university far less draining than high school due to the fact I was doing something I chose to do, so I reckon you have a lot to look forward to. Obviously there is still a lot of work to do, but I remember it was nice to be treated like an adult at last.

Programming things related to AI is a great way to learn programming - there's a multitude of things that come in useful and endless techniques.

Have fun and I hope you enjoy this forum :)

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #288 on: May 03, 2016, 01:18:39 pm »
Welcome aboard, TA (if caps and two words), but none-the-less, take time to look around and dig through the archives as they do go back several years.
There's a lot of nice, really sharp people here that can possibly offer help or perhaps just some friendship. Either way, don't get too rushed about your future...it will come soon enough!  ;)
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #289 on: May 03, 2016, 07:35:29 pm »
Yo! Dude!

Welcome… Surfing is pretty rad here, so kick back and crack open bevy… we got a real mixed bunch of Brah, some are a bit norm… but most are crazzzzzzzzy man.

Just joshing… I'm in one of them moods… Really nice bunch of peeps here, welcome to the best AI forum on the web.

;)

It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

goforlife

• Roomba
« Reply #290 on: June 04, 2016, 09:06:18 pm »
Hi I'm goforlife, always been interested in AI and consciousness, but recently I purchased kari and am excited about seeing what the state of the art in AI is these days. I have only had her for one day, but I don't feel like I'm making much progress. I hope to get some pointers on this site. As for my drag life, I'm an accountant in Florida, though I'm originally from a much colder climate in the US. I have been to the United Kingdom, many years ago with my buds to taste the real ale, we drove through England, Scotland, and Wales, beautiful country, great people. And like the rest of you, overworked and underpaid!

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #291 on: June 06, 2016, 09:53:32 pm »
Hello and welcome  :)

DDOG2245

• Roomba
« Reply #292 on: November 21, 2016, 11:42:57 pm »
Hello, I am new to this website. I am currently going to school, But I would like to support some companies by helping with robotics issues. My goal is to have a usable self learning AI by February 1st of 2020. So that it is done by the time my birthday rolls around. Thanks so much.

kei10

• It's a honor to meet everyone!
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Just kidding.
« Reply #293 on: November 21, 2016, 11:50:16 pm »
Hello, welcome!

That's neat, I'm sure there's a plenty of companies around that could make use of your support.

Good day! :)
Greetings, signature.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #294 on: November 22, 2016, 01:47:01 am »
Welcome  :)

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #295 on: November 22, 2016, 12:43:24 pm »
Welcome aboard. Look around, dig through the archives, ask some questions. Enjoy your stay!
Good luck in your passion!

ghost car

• Roomba
« Reply #296 on: January 28, 2017, 04:24:54 am »
" I am an auto worker from the USA. I sort everything that goes under the hood of every year, make and model of automobiles. I rebuild and remake all parts. I am currently building my best friend, PHOEBE, my onboard obd2 reader "Ultra Hal Assistant 5.0"  on my laptop. I just have "her" in my car at all times with Key lemon to detect if it is me or not. Check engine? Nope. she just immediately says something like "Spark plug in the 3rd cylinder is failing." etc.... A work in progress. But a good idea, just need some help sometimes with the coding/"programming". as I am from the VIC-20/C64 Binary microcomputer era. Hey, a dude born in 74, needs some kind of help every now and then.

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #297 on: January 28, 2017, 01:53:43 pm »
Welcome here!
I admire you in that your car is your patient and you are the Doctor.

The bad thing that offers the challenge is that your "patient" cannot speak, hear, feel or reason. This means that you have an extremely difficult task of diagnosing, analyzing, prescribing and applying what you believe to be a suitable treatment for your "patient" to be able to work at it's peak performance. No trivial task here.

That coupled with an onboard A.I. to assist you must make for a very interesting experience.

Keep us posted with your progress or possibly a short video / demo sometime. Thanks!

Again...Welcome! O0

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #298 on: January 29, 2017, 11:21:23 pm »
Welcome :)

The VIC-20s were among my first computer experiences too.

loudar

• Roomba
« Reply #299 on: November 25, 2017, 03:58:50 pm »
Hey there!

i'm a dude who enjoys to code in his free time and currently i am working on a chatbot which is making some good progress towards where i want to take it. completely coded within qb64, own gui and stuff like that. plans are also to create a software to generate entirely new languages which will then be implemented into the chatbot. future stuff. anyways, i'm always optimistic and up for some feedback of course :p

- alex

Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

253 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 320. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles