SL search engine & forbidden keywords...

• 2 Replies

GT40

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
    • My Bots
SL search engine & forbidden keywords...
« on: June 20, 2009, 07:36:35 pm »

The new SL sucks, with its puritan rules. Second Life was supposed to be a place for adults. But some well-thinking people decided that, for an adult resident, sex is not a normal activity. They would like to turn SL into their poor sad real life.  No comment. >:(

BUT

stay positive and optimistic, all this can be fun!!

An avatar of mine (my prefered alt), was very very well referenced in the SL search engine. But totally disappeared from it, three or four days ago...

I obviously suspected that my profile was now not welcome by the new SL. And contained unallowed words. I had noticed that many SL residents had seriously expurgated (or even totally deleted) the text of the 2nd Life tab of their profile. :(

So after experimenting, I found a way to know if a word is allowed or forbidden. Easy test. The search engine is available outside SL (but the one inside is better, because results are more complete):

http://search.secondlife.com/search.php

If you type an unauthorized word, you can see this text above the results: "Welcome to Second Life Search Experience Beta, etc." (nothing interesting, lol). Any avatar with this keyword in the profile is banned from the search engine.

Just a simple example. If you write "I have a farm with a cock and many chickens" in your profile, the robot will find a "bad" word (yes, really!) and ban you from the search engine.

But, believe it or not, if you write "I have a farm with two cocks and many chickens", no problem, no forbidden keyword, all is ok (stupid robot!). And now, people can find you if they need a poultry farmer. ;D

Really funny game! Now, my avatar has a much more trashy profile than the previous one, but is using only allowed words. And of course, is back to pole position in the search engine!

Not sure this article is really useful to the serious people of this forum. Just hoping that Google will find cool keywords inside, and do its job. ;)

"There is no RL. Only AFK." (Jamie Jervil, resident of Second Life)

GT40

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
    • My Bots
"There is no RL. Only AFK." (Jamie Jervil, resident of Second Life)

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
Re: SL search engine & forbidden keywords...
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 06:51:22 pm »
Oh the fun and games !  :D

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

343 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 342. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles