What's everyone up to ?

• 1048 Replies

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
Re: What's everyone up to ?
« Reply #825 on: November 22, 2015, 03:30:07 pm »
There is an automated online free link checker out there: http://www.brokenlinkcheck.com/

squarebear

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
  • It's Hip to be Square
« Reply #826 on: November 22, 2015, 08:37:55 pm »
Nice link Ivan but if the bot is simply not there any more it doesn't always pick it up. For example, I have a link to a bot called Amy which no longer exists but because it doesn't return a 404 error, it  still counts as a valid link. Same for the Chatterbox Challenge website, which is just a holding page.

Certainly a good start though and will weed out plenty of dead links.
Feeling Chatty?
www.mitsuku.com

DemonRaven

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
  • Disclaimer old brain @ work not liable for content
    • Chatbotfriends
« Reply #827 on: November 22, 2015, 11:09:23 pm »
There is an automated online free link checker out there: http://www.brokenlinkcheck.com/

Thank you for the link. It will help.
So sue me

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #828 on: November 22, 2015, 11:20:41 pm »
:)

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #829 on: November 23, 2015, 12:47:37 am »
Nice tool, I might find a use for it too, thank you  :)

I've had a bit of an annoying weekend off and on. Since last week I have been learning C++ and was trying to get a button to say something when I clicked on it. C++ being what it is, is convoluted and less intuitive than other languages I've learnt. I spent hours on it, in the end seeking help and together with a helpful chap on another forum we found the problem.

Not much fun at times being a noob coder again, but it's always great to get the simplest thing to work when you are starting out again.

Ultron

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • There are no strings on me.
« Reply #830 on: November 23, 2015, 01:06:46 am »

Hey Fred I've been working on C++ recently as well. I decided it's high time i stepped over my fears and decided to learn OpenGL.. So far I have created some pretty impressive windows and 2D squares... Graphics is such a complex field of study, even theoretically.

Related to your post, it's fairly simple to start recording events such as cursor position, mouse clicks etc. I haven't made it to creating any actual GUI's yet, but you can get the basic idea after 4-5 videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxCC9Ces1Yg&index=1&list=PLSPw4ASQYyymu3PfG9gxywSPghnSMiOAW

Anyhow I have decided to take this up as a part of a stepping stone project towards my A.I. quest - a working AI assistant, however, limited in it's learning capabilities thus not really an A.I. by my standards and perception.

Oh by the way, how is everybody? Any cool new projects or success in old ones? I am far too busy so I cannot actively follow the discussions, sadly..
Software and Hardware developer, and everything in between.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #831 on: November 23, 2015, 01:19:55 am »
Hi Ultron, good to see you :)

Yeah C++ is fun, I think it's just a steep learning curve. I've always wanted to learn it though so I will keep at it.

I did have a look at OpenGL one time, I was trying to do something - some side project with parallel processing I think and animation, I forget. But yes it's complex too, good luck with that - I am sure it will be very rewarding to make cool things :)

My GUI is very simple so far, I'm just making a plugin for Daz Studio a graphics program I use a lot. I already wrote one in their scripting language but it's limited so I had no option but shift to using C++ for more control.

My main development at the moment is making models to sell, it's going well thanks for asking, there's some images back on the last page.

Got to get some sleep, will watch that video tomorrow. Don't be a stranger and take care :)

Ultron

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • There are no strings on me.
« Reply #832 on: November 24, 2015, 12:11:46 am »
Yes I saw your work on the previous page, forgot to comment. I have to admit it looks very professional, although maybe a bit stereotypical. Then again that's good for the industry, since customers want something tested and already confirmed of quality and a familiar design pattern could help with that. Also reminded me of the time i was working with Adobe Illustrator, making logos and sometimes attempting to create product package designs on DesignCrowd and BrandCrowd. I guess you could look these up for potential customers, in case you haven't heard of them before.

A discussion I had with a friend today inspired a nice conclusion in my mind.. After my recent experiences I opened up more to the things I once despised or maybe feared. After allowing myself to experience I figured out that I had in fact been making progress in my A.I. philosophy and research - taking the world from another perspective, accepting all of life, meditation, spirituality.. And the actual realization of all this progress and analyzing your own self as you change has brought me far better understanding of some A.I. concepts and a lot of new ideas. This way I have learned much more in a few months then by years of experimentation, technical studies, research etc.

Sometimes it's not about pulling the wrench harder, it's about twisting it in another direction.. Maybe when you get lost in the maze, take a look back and find the root of your mistake - find the first wrong turn you made, because the ones that came after are irrelevant.

I just wanted to share this in hopes of enabling everyone else to take their minds to the next level.
Software and Hardware developer, and everything in between.

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #833 on: November 24, 2015, 10:18:35 pm »
Right now I'm trying to program my new conceptual AI programming language in itself. It should be a proof of its completeness regarding to its domain of expressiveness. If I can't do it, it is not finished yet.

DemonRaven

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • Chatbotfriends
« Reply #834 on: November 25, 2015, 12:43:57 am »
Right now I'm trying to program my new conceptual AI programming language in itself. It should be a proof of its completeness regarding to its domain of expressiveness. If I can't do it, it is not finished yet.

When you do publish it I know several of us would like a link to it to help spread the word. I for one would anyway.
So sue me

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #835 on: November 27, 2015, 03:15:06 pm »
I started to learn Haskell for the third time and I finally got it. Sadly, I didn't realize what the functional programming was about until I compared it to Metafigure. I can say that Metafigure is a functional language in a way. But it is more suitable for programming deduction, it automates some tasks like populating a set with inferred values. Got an idea about lists from Haskell, I could extrapolate it to Metafigure's notion of choices, so a list can be a choice of a lot of its elements.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #836 on: December 12, 2015, 04:42:05 am »
I've been working on some models of old books and did this Maid Marionesque render tonight.

DemonRaven

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • Chatbotfriends
« Reply #837 on: December 12, 2015, 06:04:15 am »
I've been working on some models of old books and did this Maid Marionesque render tonight.

Nice work very pretty. I have been working on my website and playing with various social networks.
So sue me

Data

• Eve
  • Overclocked // Undervolted
    • Datahopa - Share your thoughts ideas and creations
« Reply #838 on: December 12, 2015, 03:19:56 pm »
Them books were worth getting then Freddy  8)

Trying to think of the best adjective for Maid Marionesque , I got it - bodacious :)

Me, I've been roaming the wasteland with Dogmeat.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #839 on: December 14, 2015, 05:59:38 pm »
Thanks matey :)

Yes worth getting, I've done five books now and two bookends. Think I will make five more for a set of ten.

That dog is so cool, when will we see you again  ;) ;D

I have some good news today, my groceries were published in the Daz Store :

http://www.daz3d.com/widdershins-grocery-pack

Sold a few already  :)

Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

285 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 335. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles