The AIMEC:4 robot build begins

• 35 Replies

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
Re: The AIMEC:4 robot build begins
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 04:18:19 pm »
<what if A micro controller(s) sends the signal to the servos to handle movement can this be a possibility?>

Yes, I'd say that in your example it might be very possible.

Bear in mind that as a testbed, Hal might work with some limited success. This is also depending upon whether or not you wish to attempt to control your robot via voice commands. Keep in mind that VR is still NOT a perfect science and as such, your degree(s) of success with this will vary greatly.

Most robots of the older variety were programmed into various IC's and basically did (or attempted to) do what the program instructed.

There are many bots that respond to verbal commands. I have been out of the area for some time but have followed a lot of the technology.

Again, with robots, it all comes down to the programming.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 12:04:44 am by Art »
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Sigma X

• Nomad
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 08:07:54 pm »
ok then how about this I use a home automated system to run the dribe with a customprogram for robot control
Humans and robots living together in harmony and equality that is my life's goal and ultimate wish.

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2010, 12:11:01 am »
Also check out Autoit (I think name is correct). It allows one to put together batch files and turn them into executables (exe's)..

Not familiar with the word "dribe"/ Did you mean drive?

Check into some of the SSD (Solid State Drives) with which to hold the program. No moving parts and minimum heat...can be modified / erased / rewritten as required. (Most likely good for several thousand rewrites).

Sigma X

• Nomad
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 05:08:21 am »
sorry for my poor typing skills
anyrate yes I really ment drive for the servos mainly using vcrib and linking them with ultra hal
Humans and robots living together in harmony and equality that is my life's goal and ultimate wish.

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 07:53:16 pm »
Read the entire article if you want but the gist is found at the bottom of Page 1. Notice my statement regarding X-10, Insteon, Z-wave...and controlling external devices.

Here: http://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2874.0

Then pick it up on page 2 with Bruce's response about middle of topic dealing with external devices.

Similar to what you were attempting.

-------------

Also, you do not need a powerful computer to do, robotics on a starting level or AI or Home Automation.

A lot of people use an older, almost discarded computer with which to experiment.

If interested in Linux check out the TouchBook http://www.alwaysinnovating.com/touchbook/
OR
The Joojoo at: https://thejoojoo.com/
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 02:06:13 pm by Freddy »

Sigma X

• Nomad
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2010, 04:59:24 pm »
I've seen some of bills work art and it seems he tried and succeded in making his er1 compatable with ultra hal I may try it this way only with a custom control board

Sigma X

• Nomad
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2010, 05:41:00 pm »
Read the entire article if you want but the gist is found at the bottom of Page 1. Notice my statement regarding X-10, Insteon, Z-wave...and controlling external devices.

Here: http://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2874.0

Then pick it up on page 2 with Bruce's response about middle of topic dealing with external devices.

Similar to what you were attempting.

-------------

Also, you do not need a powerful computer to do, robotics on a starting level or AI or Home Automation.

A lot of people use an older, almost discarded computer with which to experiment.

If interested in Linux check out the TouchBook http://www.alwaysinnovating.com/touchbook/
OR
The Joojoo at: https://thejoojoo.com/

I've checked the link after gaining some time and i'm at a bit of a loss I understand the part about susette being a better chatbot and that's about it I'm going to need some help in tring to to see what you are pointing out for me

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2010, 12:07:18 am »
Page 2 from the link...Bruce's statement (in part):
Controlling outside stuff is "trivial" in a sense. She already passes back as text contained in brackets (which you dont see) commands to control blue mars avatars. ANYTHING can be interfaced by an interface that processes the text within brackets for whatever syntax and commands are implemented.

Sort of similar to the old fashioned means of sending a command to a COM port or printer or to an external RS232 device.

There's more than one way to remove the epidermis from a feline. ;)

Sigma X

• Nomad
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2010, 06:08:06 am »
oh OH ok I see then yes this would be interesting
I also found this Parallax has came up with a Propeller microcontroller
it's generally 8 processors in one but it get's better there's a program called Viewport which has its language called spin it's simple enough that even an idiot like me can just about work with it right now I'm configuring a way for hal to interface with viewport then viewport can control servos and even recieve sensory feedback even vision I think with a few tweaks and mods this can be a cost effective way to complete my project
http://www.parallax.com/Store/Microcontrollers/PropellerProgrammingKits/tabid/144/List/0/CategoryID/20/Level/a/SortField/0/Default.aspx if you want to check it out oh btw ICCV7 what does that mean and how does that work

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2010, 12:17:09 am »
It stands for Image Craft Creations Version 7 (ICCV7).

Unless you are well versed in programming in assembly language
I'm afraid you'd be getting in over your head with this one.

It also does NOT support USB dongles

It does NOT support Floating Point Math.

It seems fairly limited in many ways.

The program also reverts to a non-commercial version after 45 days.

Me...I'd keep looking.

Sigma X

• Nomad
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2010, 04:16:17 am »
I figured ICCV7 would be impossible to figure I mean just typing it seems hard but thanks for your help on that so far i'm going to take a chance in working with viewport and ultra hal in a project it seems plausible

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2010, 09:19:40 pm »
At this point the discussion was split into a new topic.

Click here to continue to the new Hal and Robotics thread.

NoLongerActive

• Trusty Member
  • Nomad
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2010, 06:57:23 pm »
I know this is an old thread but it's worth digging up again because toymaker's robot was featured in an article here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1302783/Childless-millionaire-builds-intelligent-robot-sings-Karaoke-laughs-tells-jokes.html

Now I would think that it would be great if he has WowWee robotics manufacture and market that bot for the price he's asking!

I know I would want one! Yes, even though I have 14 robots now. Hey, why not one more? LOL! And one more... and one more... and...  :D

Is that version 3 in the photos in your first post?

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2010, 08:37:56 pm »
Yes Toy Maker is making some waves.  There were other stories too this week.  Checkout :

http://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3198.msg15546#msg15546

Tony Ellis

• Trusty Member
  • Bumblebee
  • I am a toy inventor developing Robotics and Ai
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2010, 03:51:33 pm »
The new AIMEC:4 robot with advanced speech recognition (DNS11), face recognition, eye tracking, object recognition and A.I. core. Brains on-board includes 2 x Intel Atom micro PC and 7 slave microcontrollers. The vision with AIMEC:4 is to produce one of the first truly affordable (useful) Personal Robots.

We have started a new Company "Applied Machine Intelligence" Ltd to bring our robot developments to the mass market - website should be up soon.

Here is the latest picture showing the new AMI logo!

Toymaker
Conceptioneering Ltd - Inventors of the Award winning Cube World
To see Product Innovation - visit our website at www.conceptioneering.co.uk
To see Robotic Innovation - visit our website at www.appliedmachineintelligence.co.uk

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

322 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 372. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles