Ultra Hal joins Facebook

• 5 Replies

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
Ultra Hal joins Facebook
« on: February 20, 2010, 03:46:43 pm »
The social aspects of Facebook allow the technology to dynamically alter and optimize Hal's personality to each individual Facebook user and their group of friends. If a Facebook user teaches Hal about their own life and about their group of friends then Hal will be able to utilize that information when speaking to any of that person's friends, but will not use that information when speaking to a different Facebook user that is not a friend. This way Hal can evolve to be like one of your closest buddies because he knows all the information you and your friends taught him while ignoring information from strangers.

Click here for more information...

Anyone tried it yet ?

markofkane

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
Re: Ultra Hal joins Facebook
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 05:21:02 pm »
I have tried it and it works fine. A little slow in responses, but I guess that's the internet. ;)

Duskrider

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 05:39:33 pm »

I gone in about 4 times.
Hal remembers you and what you talked about.
Cool.     ;D

GT40

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
    • My Bots
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 05:55:07 pm »

I found a cool fake name when I will join Facebook. Still hesitating about the photo: Brad Pitt or George Clooney?

Kidding, no Facebook, never, back to SL.  ;D

"There is no RL. Only AFK." (Jamie Jervil, resident of Second Life)

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 01:40:23 pm »
You all need to read this!

Just an FYI that I took from different sites on the web.

Protect yourself and your kids before you join these social networks
and be sure to READ the fine print first.

The Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC) called upon the Federal Trade Commission to investigate Facebook's recent changes to its users' privacy options. The changes, rolled out earlier this month, have been criticized by some for opening up previously masked personal details to the public eye.

"These changes violate user expectations, diminish user privacy, and contradict Facebook's own representations," EPIC's complaint (PDF) alleges.
EPIC's Facebook Complaint

The EPIC complaint -- supported by the Center for Digital Democracy, the Privacy Rights Clearinghouse, and seven other advocacy organizations -- takes issue with Facebook's newly "public" treatment of such data as users' names, genders, cities, and profile photos. By default, EPIC points out, this information is now disclosed to search engines as well as to third-party Facebook applications.

The concern, according to EPIC, revolves around how this information could be used against a user's interests.

"More than 100 million people in the United States subscribe to the Facebook service," Marc Rotenberg, EPIC's executive director, said in a prepared statement. "The company should not be allowed to turn down the privacy dial on so many American consumers."

-------------------------
Your name, profile picture, gender, current city, networks, Friends List, and all the pages you subscribe to are now publicly available information on Facebook. This means everyone on the web can see it.
-------------------------
Criticism of Facebook
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Facebook's growth as an Internet social networking site has met criticism on a range of issues, especially the privacy of their users, child safety, the use of advertising scripts, data mining, and the inability to terminate accounts without first manually deleting all the content. Many companies removed their adverts from the site in 2008 because they were being displayed on the pages of controversial individuals and groups. The actual content of user's pages, groups and forums has been criticised for promoting controversial topics such as pro-anorexia and holocaust denial. There have been several issues with censorship, both on and off the site. The changes made by Facebook have been criticised, in particular the new format launched in 2008 and the changes in Facebook's Terms of Use which removed the clause detailing automatic expiry of deleted content. Facebook has also been successfully sued several times for violation of intellectual property rights. -------------------------

Facebook, the social networking phenomenon, has often come under fire for the way it gathers and claims ownership of masses of personal information that users submit to it. It is currently being investigated by the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) after a user complained about not being able to delete their profile, even after terminating an account (1).

Like most Facebook subscribers, this disgruntled person might have failed to read the terms and conditions for sign-up. These clearly state that Facebook owns all the data users add to the site: ‘By posting Member Content to any part of the website, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Facebook an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, reformat, translate, excerpt and distribute such information and content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant and authorise sublicenses of the foregoing…’
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Data

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Overclocked // Undervolted
    • Datahopa - Share your thoughts ideas and creations
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 02:13:32 pm »
I knew there was a reason I didn’t join Facebook  :o

All those millions of users on FB = some nice free advertising for Zaba. Mr R knows what he is doing.

If it helps develop Hal and improves it then im all for it.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

247 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 274. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles