• 13 Replies

Maviarab

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • What are you doing Dave?
    • The Celluloid Sage
Mitsuko
« on: December 29, 2005, 01:19:31 pm »
Came across this while on one of my favourite flash game sites Have not tried it out (just about to) just thought others might like to look at it :smiley

http://www.mousebreaker.com/games/chatbot/play.php

EDIT

Chatlog...(had to do print screens to get it (damn flash hehe)

« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 01:45:42 pm by Maviarab »

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
Re: Mitsuko
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 09:26:25 pm »
Interesting conversation!

It would be even more interesting if you went back there and quiz the bot about Digital Girl once more
to test the claim that it learn from every time you talk with it.
 :afro
??
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

FuzzieDice

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 10:59:57 pm »
Here's your answer:

Human: Hi Mitsuku.
Mitsuku: Hello there.
Human: How are you?
Mitsuku: Pretty good thanks How about you?
Human: I have a question for you.
Mitsuku: What is it ?
Human: Have you heard of Digital Girl?
Mitsuku: I'm a chatbot not an encyclopedia!
Human: What is Digital Girl?
Mitsuku: I'm a chatbot not an encyclopedia!
Human: Define Digital Girl
Mitsuku: No, I give up. What is it?
Human: Someone told you what Digital Girl is.
Mitsuku: Was this trustworthy information?
Human: Yes.
Mitsuku: Dude!
Human: Is Digital Girl a web site?
Mitsuku: Signs point to yes. Ask Mousebreaker if it is.
Human: What is found on Digital Girl?
Mitsuku: No, I give up. What is it?

I went there, captured the chat into images, then pieced the images together and ran it through an OCR program that can load in image files. Quick and easier than typing it all in for the forum. :)

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 11:44:13 pm »
Yep, I tried asking about Digital Girl but alas, we were not remembered.  I found though that if you type "tell me about myself" or words to that effect then it will list everything it has figured out about the user.  It seemed as if this was a  temporary thing.

KnyteTrypper

• Electric Dreamer
  • Onward thru the fog!
    • AI Nexus
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 09:44:11 am »
Mitsuko is a Pandorabot created by Steve Worswick, author of Bearbot, for one of his pals, who hosts that games site. She currently ties the  iGod bot for the title of world's most popular bot (by hit count). That gaming site is one of Europe's most popular, and there are so many thousands of gamers who pass thru the site daily and spend a few moments talking to Mitsuko that she consistently scores a lot higher than Dr. Wallace's original ALICE.  Her totals are so high, in fact, that Steve asked her to be permanently removed from Pandorabots' Most Popular list. I think he was actually embarassed by the attention she draws, and like other online bot publishers, he was spending an inordinate amount of time chatting to people who'd contacted him after chatting to Mitsuko.

Like any other Alicebot, she only knows what has been hard-coded by her botmaster into her AIML files. Like a lot of newer Alicebots, she employs a modified version of badanswer.aiml from the Annotated ALICE AIML set, which allows her to temporarily retain client-specified changes in her responses. However, the ALICE program only writes to its chatfiles, it doesn't make any changes to its permanent files. Assuming that Steve still maintains the bot after writing it for his friend, it probably didn't occur to him that knowledge about Digital Girl was a significant datum by way of the affiliation between Digital Girl and A.I. Nexus.

But he sure can create an interesting bot. His flash skills are excellent, and his AIML skills are just as top-notch. A surprising amount of skill for a guy who also has a successful career as a music producer of trance music for raves.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 03:12:52 am »
Interesting story, I wasn't suprised we weren't remembered as I thought it probably had storage limitations , but I have to tell you I do have top score in Ant Attack...and completed Funky Truck 3.  So yes I  agree they make some nice little flash games on that site.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 06:43:15 pm by Freddy »

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 04:54:58 am »
If this is the case then their claim of, The more you talk the more she learns, is somewhat misleading!

KnyteTrypper

• Electric Dreamer
  • Onward thru the fog!
    • AI Nexus
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006, 02:12:17 pm »
Not really, Art. AIML bots are designed with the intention that the botmaster is an integral part of the system. In an AIML bot, the human developer IS the bot's learning algorhythm.  In my own case, I spend an average of a couple of hours daily going through chatlogs,refining replies, adding useful data presented to the bots by users, etc. So when a user asks a good question or says something useful or interesting it gets written to the bot's permanent files, just not in realtime.  Likewise, when an answer to a good question is awkward I refine it to sound more natural. The system is designed to operate that way, for obviously good reasons. If you've chatted with Hal Uncensored or any of the other online bots that have wide-open learning algorhythms I'm sure you can appreciate the value of having a human filter on learned input. When the public is let loose on a tabla rosa bot, the end result is always a foul-mouthed bot that spells really badly. A slightly different set of rules and priorities is in order when creating a bot for public consumption, as opposed to a personal chatbot. But AIML bots do evolve. Among people who spell correctly and use good grammar, I find myself spending much less time tinkering replies two years in, here, on Ailysse and Lilith than when they were "new" bots, because in a much greater percentage of the time, their replies are logical and reasonable.

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006, 03:31:13 pm »
KT,

I know you  & I have had this discussion before but I have to assert my desire / opinion that personally, I'd much rather have my BOT
(and it's programming) learn rather than have it be scripted by it's human counterpart that learned.

One can script a bot to reply to anything if they script for a long enough period of time and the code is pertinent to the subject.

Yes, we have also agreed that these types of scripted bots work great for an expert system type of bot where subject knowledge is
limited or contained to a particuler subject. There are bots that are experts in automotive products, medicine, searches, etc., but
for me, the real wind that billows my sails is when a bot is able to "learn" from conversation(s) on it's own accord, not due to a
human on the other end entering answers for it to say.

This is just my personal take and is not meant to reflect badly on the other scripted bot communities or their creators.

FuzzieDice

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2006, 10:53:15 pm »
I'm wondering...

Suppose there was a plug in or addition to the AIML that would do the filtering for you. Like an AI inside an AI? Hmmm....

KnyteTrypper

• Electric Dreamer
  • Onward thru the fog!
    • AI Nexus
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2006, 12:09:57 am »
I prefer a learning bot, myself, for a personal bot. It's really not much fun for me to talk to my Alicebots, because I wrote all their best lines myself, lol, so when I  want to chat with a bot it will be Hal or Gina or even Daisy that appeals to me. But when I want to make a bot for public consumption, I want the consistency of an AIML bot.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2006, 06:01:56 am »
I played with the ALICE plugin of Hal for a while but didn't look into how integrated they are.  Presuambly thinking about what you are all saying, then this combination would do both things.  There's your hybrid of AI and AI, wonder if can be set up like that now or if it needs more programming...

KnyteTrypper

• Electric Dreamer
  • Onward thru the fog!
    • AI Nexus
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2006, 01:01:30 pm »
It would be interesting to set up a two-fold test, using Hal as the front-end bot in one case and ALICE as the front-end bot in the other. ALICE has a large wild card category which it draws a random answer from when no pattern match occurs, and this might be an excellent place to have the output shift over to the Hal side for a spontaneous reply, instead. It seems like the problem would be to assure continuous learning from input by Hal even when dormant. When Hal was the front end, perhaps he could check first to see if a pattern match had occurred first in the AIML before generating a reply.

I'd say there's a good chance AIML will survive into the next generation of bots, maybe not as an engine, itself, but as a method of data cataloguing. It's very neat and efficient, and most bots that store and match information already borrow from it to a greater or lesser extent. But ALICE is actually not an A.I. at all, it's a conversation simulator. Sort of like A. C. Clarke's sufficiently-advanced technology, a data storage and retrieval system sufficiently complex and efficient could reach a point where it was indiscernable from "real" intelligence. But the ability to learn and generate responses on the fly will be necessary before it has a chance to become genuine A.I.

Maviarab

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • What are you doing Dave?
    • The Celluloid Sage
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2006, 12:51:43 am »
WOW...thanks for that KT, most interesting

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

231 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 282. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles