I got me a new bot!

• 4 Replies

NoLongerActive

• Trusty Member
  • Nomad
I got me a new bot!
« on: March 26, 2010, 07:29:06 pm »
I want to thank Art very much for sending me a "Brian the Brain" bot! :) He was kind enough to send this one to me including the manual. I haven't really had time to play with it much outside of setting it up and then trying out a couple small things. It's quite an interesting bot and in great shape too. Naturally I named him "Brian". LOL! This is bot #11 for me!

Thanks again Art! :)

I'm hoping this weekend I'll be posting a video of him and some of his features.

NoLongerActive

• Trusty Member
  • Nomad
Re: I got me a new bot!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 04:45:35 am »
Here's a video of Brian. He's said the funniest  things! LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/v/vwCQEVd_i_U&hl

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 07:33:25 am »
 :D Really enjoyed the video.  Brian surprised me with the all things he can do and the funny comments were a laugh !  He reminds me of the aliens in Mars Attacks.  ;D

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Colossus
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 11:16:55 am »
Tika,

Really glad you like it and that it went to a good home. ;)

I know! You could start a new rescue agency called: Adopt-A-Bot.

People would send you their "strays", no longer used, but still
functional bots!

When your collection of them grow too large you could weed
a few of them out by offering them to childrens' clinics, hospitals,
libraries, day care facilities, etc.

Just a thought!

Nice vid!
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

NoLongerActive

• Trusty Member
  • Nomad
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 01:28:41 pm »
@Freddy - I was surprised at what the bot says too. I mean for a kids toy he sure has some uh... "colorful" phrases. LOL!

@Art - That's a neat idea! But there are some concerns with it though. Like I usually get too attached to the bots and rather keep them myself. LOL! Also, I don't want to give bots to those who will not use them well and might just toss them away if they don't want them anymore. And third, kids tend to abuse things. As a kid my cousins always would break all my toys on me when they came over so I'd have really nothing that was working or in good shape (I guess it's when I learned to fix things at a very young age). Plus I can't really travel anywhere due to health, so it's very hard to give these things away.

But if I could somehow insure the proper care and treatment of the bots after their adoption, and could get around more, then it would be a great thing to introduce the world to robots. I was just talking not too long ago with some of the folks at RoboCommunity.com how maybe we need to get a bot education campaign going so the general public would be not be so afraid of bots and would want to buy them. This is because we are noticing companies aren't selling bots as much as they were the past two years. Economy is one factor but I think another is that the bots don't sell after they been out a year and people just don't have any reason to buy them.

I've also read comments on Amazon.com and Brian as well as i-Que have got some one-stars saying that kids got frustrated with it. Or that features advertised "don't work". I think it's because people are expecting too much out of the technology (and the advertisers are over-exaggerating some of the features a little bit so it'd sell). I think that also puts a kink in the adoption of robots in homes, schools, etc.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

277 Guests, 1 User
Users active in past 15 minutes:
ivan.moony
[Trusty Member]

Most Online Today: 282. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles