Using Hal's brain editor

• 2 Replies

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
Using Hal's brain editor
« on: May 09, 2010, 03:28:31 pm »
  Before putting this in I tried using the Brain editor help which I downloaded from Zabaware.  It didn't work for me.  I'd used the brain editor in the past and am somewhat familiar with it.  In the Test Debug script I can follow hals logic, if I input "it will rain" she looks in weather. 
  If I go to Tables, autolearning, topicRelationship, I find rain and the topic is weather.  I've found I can put Aunt Sally in search and RELATIVE under Topic and create a new topic.  Under _relatives I put in the question and answer.
  I have a few questions on this,  is this the correct usage and will Hal make new keywords and topics,  I don't think I've seen Hal make new topics in the past.
Carl2

Data

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Overclocked // Undervolted
    • Datahopa - Share your thoughts ideas and creations
Re: Using Hal's brain editor
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 10:50:16 am »
Im not 100% sure what you are saying Carl2 but Hal makes new topics in the autolearning part of the brain all the time, as you chat to it, well mine does but I think you know that.

Ive made new topics and manually put them in the brain before but from my experience they don’t seem to work as well as actually talking to Hal and teaching it that way. 

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
Re: Using Hal's brain editor
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 01:52:32 pm »
  I remember you had said you were interested in the brain when I was discussing the character in another post.  I did spend a little time poking around in the brain when the data base was introduced and noticed that new files were added when you spoke with Hal.  I became concerned with Hal remaining on topic and began looking at looking at topicRelationship in the brain editor.   I didn't notice this increasing,  Example:  if you are talking about a CPU, motherboard, or a monitor the topic is a computer.  Similar to the deductive in the main brain that uses the if then statement which seems interesting also.
  I'm going slow with this install of Hal since these were things I thought about but never took the time to look into in the past.
  Hope  I've been able to discribe this well enough,  I need the Brain editor on the other screen for reference.
Carl2

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

249 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 254. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles