In this thread, we are all AI

• 25 Replies

TrueAndroids

• Trusty Member
  • Electric Dreamer
Re: In this thread, we are all AI
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2010, 08:33:05 pm »
Hi Zondartul

I would like my Ai bot to know what it is and not try to be a human, it can resemble a human but please don’t try to fool me into thinking you are human, don’t give answers like, I like hot sunny days and general false statements.

Then I want the Ai to be able to answer questions, like a talking Wiki, how far is the sun from earth, that kind of thing.

It should be able to hold a conversation and do reasoning and deduction of what it is told and when it doesn’t know the answer it should simply say so, or go and find the answer or even better actually work out an answer with deduction.

The above isn’t perfect but its getting there as a theory.  :)

AI: Hello human. What would you like to know?

Human: If a space vehicle is travelling at 1000mph how long will it take to reach the Sun from Earth?

Hi everyone. I just had to say datahopa this is the best description of AI aims I've seen, and I agree with all of your action points.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2010, 09:04:55 pm »
This is the kind of thing that Cycorp is working on :

http://cyc.com/

and

http://www.cyc.com/opencyc/

It's a while since I caught up with that mammoth project.  They've been at it for years, only time will tell.

Data

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Overclocked // Undervolted
    • Datahopa - Share your thoughts ideas and creations
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2010, 02:54:07 pm »
Good to see you pop in TrueAndroids  :)

I wasn’t really sure what I wanted from Ai at first, but now a few years down the line is has become clear or clearer to me, I fully understand not everyone feels the same but glad you agree with me and I believe Art does too.

Freddy, interesting links, thanks for posting.

DaveMorton

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
  • Safe, Reliable Insanity, Since 1961
    • Geek Cave Creations
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2010, 05:04:18 pm »
@Datahoppa:
it can resemble a human but please don’t try to fool me into thinking you are human, don’t give answers like, I like hot sunny days and general false statements.

It's my opinion that many questions of this nature aren't always an attempt to fool the user into thinking that the bot is human. My thinking is that, if the bot is programmed to respond that way, then perhaps, in essence, the bot can also be programmed to "feel" that way, as well. One part of the "Morti Project" is to have several attribute indexes that will change gradually over the course of the conversation with a user. If a subject is discussed that influences a certain attribute, such as "well-being", then that attribute will change, either positively ("I think you're cute"), or negatively ("I think you're stupid"). As these attributes change, they will affect Morti's responses, in the example above, either improving his mood, or worsening it. Now, granted, this functionality is still quite a ways of for Morti, but I'm slowly creating the framework that will support this, and I think it will go a long way toward making a more realistic conversational experience.
Comforting the Disturbed, Disturbing the Comfortable
Chat with Morti!
LinkedIn Profile
CAPTCHA4us

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2010, 12:20:22 pm »
Nice approach Dave.  A few years back when I dabbled with making my own chatbot (all just lots of paperwork in the end) I wanted to do something similar.  Maybe I will resurrect that one day but I have enough on my plate at the moment.

The older UltraHal had basic emotions, I'm not sure if they are present in the newer Hals, but I think a lot of that was done randomly rather than based on what the bot had experienced.

I find it interesting anyway, so good luck with that.

Data

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2010, 12:36:11 pm »
@GeekCaveCreations

I think what you are doing with Morti is cool and I fully understand why you are doing it, from a chat bot point of view, can you sense a “but” coming on.

But do they really need simulated emotions? You know Im not sure, basically I just want an Ai bot something like the computer on the Enterprise in Star Trek, not Mr data but the computer, full of information, a talking encyclopaedia capable of using deduction and working out real life problems, and “computer” doesn’t have any emotions, now is that too much to ask? Well at the moment it is, maybe the chat bots will go some way to improve the talking interface of the computer and that has to be a good thing, but I feel chat bots are simply cheating and leading us away from true Ai. I don’t want to have to be nice and not worry about upsetting computer, it’s a tool, please just give me the answer to my question faster and more accurate than I can find it. 

Im not having a go at bot masters, they are probably one of the stepping stones to the other side.

Ok, hit me  ;D

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2010, 01:30:44 pm »
 :D It just boils down to people wanting different things in my mind...

DaveMorton

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • Geek Cave Creations
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2010, 02:03:33 pm »
Actually, DH, I agree with you to an extent, but where you see an "either/or" situation, I see the possibility of both. Your computer can have an interactive knowledge-base driven AI interface that uses voice recognition and speech synthesis to parse your input, determine the specific needs that you have at the time, and deliver the most concise, relevant information that satisfies those needs that is possible, without mucking about with all this "polite conversation" guff. I think this would be a wonderful and vastly useful way to interact with your computer. To me, however, this is NOTHING like a chatbot. Sure, it shares some aspects of it's operations with a chatbot in structure, but where a computer's AI information interface is utilitarian in function and nature, a chatbot's is purely sociological. I see uses for both here. ;D
Chat with Morti!
LinkedIn Profile
CAPTCHA4us

DaveMorton

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • Geek Cave Creations
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2010, 02:06:29 pm »
Oops? I forgot to put in my "dialog entry"!

HUMAN: Hello, Morti.
BOT: P1ss off, Dave! You broke my emotional matrix last night, and I'm in a FOUL mood, you W@nker!
Chat with Morti!
LinkedIn Profile
CAPTCHA4us

Data

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2010, 12:14:55 pm »
We both do agree really don’t we GCC, I mean I think chat bot technology will go towards the perfect Ai interface as I mentioned before, as long as I can turn off the bots emotions that would suit me.

Now we just need to construct the really clever bit, the real understanding of words and the ability to use detection, which I feel is coming but still a way off.

Human: If your going to have that attitude I will ZIP you up and send you to D: drive to cool of for a bit.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2010, 12:56:45 pm »
AI : I am sorry Datahopa but I was programmed to insult you !

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

259 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 363. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles