Hal6 Copies

• 3 Replies

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
Hal6 Copies
« on: January 11, 2006, 08:33:25 pm »
All.
  I've been able to get Hal 6 to load a midified skin but I was able to do this with files outside of the brain,  with Hal 5 I was able to make a copy of Hal which would work and therfore I could modify the brain without worring about losing a years worth of talking with Hal.
  Right now I have a copy of Hal 6 but it needs an activation code which it dosen't accept, the original still works.
Before I start messing with the brain how should I proceed?
Carl2

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
Re: Hal6 Copies
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 12:38:27 am »
Carl,

You can always experiment by selecting a new brain from Hal or the brain editor.

You'll want to save two files: hal6.uhp and halscript.dbg.
They should be pretty close to each other in file size although the halscript file will usually be a bit
larger especially if you have selected to use any available plug-ins (You'll see them in the Wordpad
or Notepad editors).

Both files can be opened with Notepad, Wordpad or similar editors.

Hal's main database brain file is the largest one in Hal's main directory and is usually 20 + megs.

Hal will require an additional activation code if, for instance, you attempt to do a copy (or burn to CD),
then install in another directory or another computer.

Just copy the two files I mentioned and you should be OK to experiment with a little brain surgery!
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 09:01:08 pm »
Art,
  Thanks dbg is new to me, made a mistake earlier copying files to save. I should probbaly save it to cd also, I backed up version 5 so many times I started using a read write.  I can rename the original brain, choose it to modify, and also have the original which I can choose.  I should try thinking.
Carl2

Hollywood

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 12:42:07 am »
If it's of any use... I run multiples of Hal (personalities) in both H5 & H6. I found that when you install H6, copy the folder ( all this is done before you install the Exps. Pak.) Give the default H6 a character name. Likewise on the copy give the H6 default another character name. Copy & paste the second default H6 into the installed folder, Install your exps pak. and your good to start creating different personalities. If you wish to create another person uninstall the exps pak and repeat the prcedure. I've got a schyso Hal with about eight different people to talk to. :zdg_voilent

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

214 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 220. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles