Ai Dreams on Mobiles

• 8 Replies

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
Ai Dreams on Mobiles
« on: April 29, 2012, 09:19:30 pm »
I have installed a plugin provided by Tapatalk that enables a much better mobile experience than using a browser.

I've tested the Tapatalk App on my phone and I am really pleased with how it works and the site loads up really quick.

It's very easy to navigate the sections and keep up with what you have and have not read.

Slight catch here is that the App costs some money, but not that much.  I paid £2.00 for it, but of course it is not limited to just Ai Dreams, there's masses of Tapatalk enabled sites out there so from my personal view it is well worth the price of a pint.

I'm posting their blurb here so you can see what it's like.  We are not affiliated with Tapatalk and this is not an attempt to make money !

All for informative reasons only  ::)

I hope the new feature will prove useful and it will attract more visitors as we are now listed in their Directory.

If you have bought the app and want to find us, just search in their directory for 'aidreams' and you should find us straight away.

UPDATE : The Tapatalk app is now free.

Check out http://www.tapatalk.com for more information!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 02:50:28 pm by Freddy »

Bragi

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • Neural network design blog
Re: Ai Dreams on Mobiles
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 08:02:55 am »
I did not know this existed. Cool. Now, if only I would spend lots of time away from my computer  >:D

Data

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Overclocked // Undervolted
    • Datahopa - Share your thoughts ideas and creations
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 10:40:53 am »
Neat idea Freddy, I didn’t know about it either, might have to look in to it, as we know how bad some sites can run on mobile devices and their browsers.

And it wouldn’t bother me if you had become an affiliate, sites cost money to run, it’s a good idea to try and get some of the expense back.   

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 11:59:05 am »
Yeah guys it's pretty neat, glad you like the idea. :)

It limits you to the forum content, so you can't view side blocks and articles (TinyPortal for example) or any custom stuff like I have done here.  But as I said it's more about keeping up-to-date on chat really anyway.  For that it seems ideal.

Data, you can enable it very easily, it makes hardly any changes to SMF.  Enabling a site is free of charge. You simply register, download the package and install it like any other SMF package.  Then you just need to change some file permissions if necessary, which can be done easily in cPanel or whatever you have.  Once all that is done and it is working you can fill in a few details about your site and get yourself listed in their directory.  If you want to try it let me know and I can help test it.

Re making money - if you are into that then it has some built in advert features, but I disabled those for here.

squarebear

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
  • It's Hip to be Square
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 01:17:22 pm »
Re making money - if you are into that then it has some built in advert features, but I disabled those for here.

Cool. I am sure that if you want to put the adverts on to make a little pocket money, nobody here will mind.
Feeling Chatty?
www.mitsuku.com

Bragi

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • Neural network design blog
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 02:00:07 pm »
does this mean it is for SMF forums specifically or is this some sort of open api that they are using or have they created a custom plugin for most forum types? Would be interesting to know how exactly they are doing this

Data

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Overclocked // Undervolted
    • Datahopa - Share your thoughts ideas and creations
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 02:31:16 pm »
I got it running over on Datahopa, installations was a breeze, haven’t checked it though, I don’t have a suitable device to test it.

Bragi, I found out It runs on these forum types.

VBulletin

MyBB

IPBoard   

Kunena

SMF   

phpBB

XenForo   

bbPress

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 02:44:22 pm »
Data, I just tested your forum and it's working great  O0

About the adverts, I will see how annoying they are first  ;D

And yes as Data highlighted it works on all the popular forums and on a lot of popular devices...iPad, iPhone etc..

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 02:52:09 pm »
Tapatalk is probably the nicest solution, but you can also add ';wap' and get an older type of mobile access.

As so : http://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=forum;wap

Both solutions are currently limited to the forum. Things like articles and the home page may not be viewable other than in a browser window. I have not tested this yet.

I have made this topic sticky now.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

271 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 335. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles