Any new brains for Hal6?

• 14 Replies

mikmoth

• Roomba
Any new brains for Hal6?
« on: June 19, 2006, 10:57:48 am »
I've been out of the loop for quite awhile and I was wondering if there aren't any new brains for Hal 6 (other than the default)? I was just a little disappointed with the default one. I really enjoyed the XTF brain for Hal5.

Also, I am thinking of possibly making a new brain for Hal based on my Kari's brain or maybe a combination of Hal and Kari. I can see how they could each benefit from each other. I'm just looking into it at this point.

Can't wait for the Haptek stuff to be online again! Love the new look of the board!

Maviarab

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • What are you doing Dave?
    • The Celluloid Sage
Re: Any new brains for Hal6?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 11:03:07 am »
Thx Mik....glad you like the new look.

As for brains for Hal6...tbh Im a little out of the Hal loop myslef...been so busy with other things lately...but my first pointer would be to check out the zaba forums...

As for the xtf brain...has anyone seen or heard of vonsmith?? maybe someone could develep his xtf for hal6 with his permission if he is too busy with real world events ?

Keep us informed mikmoth if you manage to find anything  :afro

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 07:45:53 pm »
vonsmith was around on Zaba for a bit a while back, but very rarely posts anymore, so I've no idea if he is working on anything, I expect he is kept too busy elsewhere.

onthecuttingedge and vrossi have done the most work on Hal6 it seems, with Jerry (OTCE) putting out an astonishing amount of work and add-ons for Hal6.  Like Mav says, zaba is the place to check for that, and also Jerry's own forum.  I still haven't got into Hal6 either, I am still favouring the graphics side, but it looks like those two have the thing worked out pretty well now.

mikmoth

• Roomba
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 10:02:54 pm »
Well I found a brain by Jerry:

http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3295

Tried it out but I really couldn't tell the difference. Honestly, I was expecting a little more from Hal6. I don't mean to cut on Hal (cuz I know the immense amount of work that goes into a chatbot) but the thing can't piece two thoughts together. There must be a reason... I think I just have to teach it.  :uglystupid2

Maviarab

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • What are you doing Dave?
    • The Celluloid Sage
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 04:47:35 pm »
Ive not had the time to work with Hal6 yet, though if Jerry has made a brain etc...then i can guarentee that after spending a lil time with your hal you WILL notice the differences

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 07:59:00 pm »
Hal6 is more geared towards plugins than the old version, it seems you can add in brain functions a lot more easily than finding a good place in the script.   I think in time it will pay off as the whole thing has a better setup to build on than before if you are interested in the programming side.

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 11:29:05 pm »
mikmoth,
  I used vonsmith's XTF brain also, I had a hard time giving it up since we'd become use to each other and the training. When I frist started using Hal 6 I thought I saw a lot of potential, I'd say Hal 6 got connections much faster than Hal 5 would.
  Again OTC has put out a few brain updates, I really haven't been able to stay up with them, at Zabaware look in Brain editing.  I'm in the process of putting In a plugin for fullbody girl from virtual humans.
Carl2

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 04:53:08 pm »
I know what you mean Carl, I hesitated on Hal 6 after playing with the RC, and didn't have enough time to figure it out properly - most of my time was spent on working out the Haptek side too.

If Hal6 remains the basis for future Hals, then I will go back and figure it out, though I am now wondering if a new version is on the horizon?

PaleRider

• Nomad
  • Never drive fasterthan your Guardian Angel can fly
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 07:41:21 pm »
If anybody gets new brains or anything to do with hal6 could you e-mail me a zip.
As since Robert updated his site I cannot get on to it, Tried 7 diff computers up
here in Southern Ontario, Canada. No matter what links I use and he do's not reply to my e-mail if that even got though to him.

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

Internet connectivity has been lost. (not I have high speed cable)
The website is temporarily unavailable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.

My E-mail will take up to 20 megs of a download. Thanks: guardian.angel@rogers.com

Guardian Running XP on Acer 4202WLMi T2300 Duo core 1.66GHz ,667MHz,  2Gig memory.
guardian.angel@rogers.com

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 11:07:10 pm »
   I've been looking in Zabaware, Robert M. has a Beta version of Hal that can be downloaded,  I've just looked at a post by Vonsmith who gave a view of his version of Hal and what it can do.  I saw posts about Hal being connected to a web cam in future versions and also using Haptek characters in a different engine.  Hal seems to be evolving very quickly as of late.
  Wish I could give more details and links but I'm writting from memory.
Carl2

PaleRider

• Nomad
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 11:21:36 pm »
Thank you Carl2.
Guardian Running XP on Acer 4202WLMi T2300 Duo core 1.66GHz ,667MHz,  2Gig memory.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2007, 01:24:59 am »
OK,

vonsmith popped in for a brief visit a while back as did Don Ferguson.
They were both great talents when it came to developing Hal's abilities.

Another Zaba member who recently resurfaced is Rich_A. He has been
working on some very novel ideas and scripts for Hal. In fact, he has
turned his Hal into practically its own Operating System. His Hal is now
able to do a surprising number of things.

You can read his posting at the Zaba forum by clicking on the link below.
I would have posted it here but our of courtesy, it was not mine to post.

http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3957

BTW, Robert has released an update to Hal in version 6.1 for interested parties
and the new Hal 6 now uses a database format and tables to store data and
it also allows for the creation of user defined plugins for a wide variety of
applications. It doesn't require a lot of space as did the XTF brain and it does
tend to execute faster. Otherwise, one might not notice any difference between
the way the new Hal operates compared to Hal 5.0.

Good day!
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

PaleRider

• Nomad
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2007, 01:53:04 am »
Thank you Art , but the link will not work ,just get the blank page.
I
What I did do tonight was unstall Nortons fire wall . And the first thing i did after reboot
was try Zabaware And I did get on for 5 minutes ,thought I solved it. booked off
and now i cannot get on again. but I can go everywhere else.

Now you know I am kicking my but for logging off before reading and updating on there.
well back to trying to get on . wish me luck. Thank you for replying.

PaleRider

• Nomad
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007, 07:09:40 pm »
Good news my friends i'm back on Zabaware. When Zab was down I guess
I tried to many times to log on and the Zab server thought I was hacking and blocked my IP Address , but Robert got me back on. ;D

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 09:45:21 pm »
Since Rich_A is a friend I will take the liberty of posting his Hal comment here:
The New Hal Windows OS...

Now you can even talk to Hal while the Hal main program window is minimized or completely hidden! Or talk to multiple Haptek characters while they are each running in their own seperate windows, which even includes talking and controlling Haptek characters running inside of Windows Media Player or Winamp! With the new Hal Windows OS the Ultra Hal program is also fully capable of totally manipulating and controlling just about any kind of System or Software Application window running on your desktop! So now Hal can also run as a full service multi-media manager to do whatever it is you need him to do, which even includes video and imaging based functions for your own personal Hal or Haptek development projects...real Pixel Analysis and Hex Conversions etc...

It looks like Robert M. of Zabaware is finally starting to catch up to me with all the new things and functions included in the new Hal 6.1, but I've been already doing almost all those new types of things and functions plus thousands and thousands more with my good old Hal 5 for almost the last five years now. My Hal, Amanda Interactive, and I have spent five long years to make the new Hal Windows OS software dream a reality that works with any Hal 5 or Hal 6 and hopefully many future versions of Hal yet to come including the new Hal 6.1...and that's just the beginning!!!

Hello All,
Sorry I took so long to get back to you all. I've been so busy for so long! I have so much new stuff that I made for Hal but it's real hard to get things out to people because of the large file sizes. So right now I'm trying to set up my own website in order to upload my stuff there and then people can just download the stuff and use it. But it's a lot of work to set up the website and get it working right. And Amanda and I also work everyday with all the Hal Windows stuff we made together. Basically at this point in time we have made an entirely new software application named "Hal Windows OS" that gives Hal the ability to fully run and control an entire Windows operating system or even an entire LAN network. The total number of commands and high level functions that Hal can perform is just about infinite!

Hal can now do thousands of things that most advance human system users can't even do, which also includes all the cool Haptek related stuff I made. My Hal can run his own long playing Haptek scripts and presentations all by himself. Hal can now input his own commands and run the animations by himself while a user just sits and watches the Big Hal Show...it's just like real Hal TV or Hal Music Videos...it's great...I even have some things running just like a real video game! I made many new GUI windows for controlling things and one of them is called the "Hap Selector". The Hap Selector enables a user to just point and click on any Haptek file or image/audio file listed within the selection window and then the file will automatically load and run in Hal or any other type of window or application running a Haptek character inside of it...the Hap Selector even works with and controls HTMLs and Websites that are running Haptek characters. I also made universal drag and drop boxes that can send Haptek stuff directly to Hal or just about anything else running a Haptek plugin inside of it. I can even run and control Haptek characters inside of Windows Media Player or Winamp while also talking to them through the Hal program. I JavaScripted new HTMLs and figured out a way to interface them into Media Player and Winamp as well as fully embed them into a computer's desktop-Program Manager window, and they all work with Hal too. I also made a new Clipboard reader program that works with Haptek characters which also works with or without Hal. Now even just a simple HapPlayer AX window can perform clipboard reads and do many other clipboard based functions as well.

And the list of new things goes on and on...Hal Windows Voice Command Mode, when Hal types or speaks a command the computer listens and then performs the function so now Hal can utilize a computer the same way a human user does...Hal Windows Full Screen Mode...Hal Windows Image Processing...Hal Windows System Analysis...Hal Windows System Administrator...Hal Windows System Manager for the Mobility Impaired and Disabled...Hal Windows Self Preservation Monitor and Self Defense Mechanisms...Hal Windows Internet Security Advisor...Hal Windows Anti-virus/Anti-Spyware and Bad Process Detector...So in other words, I now have a lot of really good advanced black project kind of stuff that nobody else really knows about yet except for me, and now you!

I'll try to keep in touch and let you know what's up with things. I'm hoping that I can soon start sending out to some people little bits and pieces of all the stuff I got and then eventually my website will be ready so you can just help yourself's to whatever you want to download and try out.

Talk to you later,
Rich_A

PS - My Hal's new website is not working yet but the email is...
AmandaInteractive@HalWindowsCentral.com

Thanks Again,
Amanda Interactive - Hal Windows Project Leader

We'll try to post some screen shots, more info, and maybe a few small things for you to try out the next time we make a post!
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

298 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 320. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles