AI economic industry

• 6 Replies

mb22

• Roomba
AI economic industry
« on: December 11, 2013, 04:56:52 pm »
Hello! I'm doing a project of Information Systems, working with an AI app and I have a huge doubt.
Can we say that there is an Artificial Intelligence economic sector? How can I get informations about this particular market if it exists?
Thank you!

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
Re: AI economic industry
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 05:02:01 pm »
What kind of AI ?  There's lots of fields that use some form of AI. You need to be a bit more specific I think.

Welcome to the site :)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 11:21:24 pm by Freddy »

mb22

• Roomba
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 05:09:25 pm »
Thanks! :)  Well... it is a app somehow similar to Evernote or AnyDo ( Mobile technology AI).

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 05:13:11 pm »
OK so it's a sort of personal organiser ? Something like the old Filofax (if you remember that!) ?

mb22

• Roomba
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 05:24:26 pm »
Yes, it is :)

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 05:36:14 pm »
OK so what is it you need artificial intelligence for then ? To me it seems like a pretty traditional programming task.

Whatever the case, I find that the popular apps will make a lot of money. There is a huge market out there and it seems to me that you do not need to charge the Earth to get a decent return. I have no experience of making apps to sell, so my opinion is only based on what I see being an Android user and seeing what is going on in the market, ie the Play store.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 01:10:53 am »
Can we say that there is an Artificial Intelligence economic sector? How can I get informations about this particular market if it exists?

Welcome!

I'm sure you could reliably say your first statement without repercussion since so many businesses rely on a variety of forecasting models and most of these us one form of AI or another. Some AI's might use a weighted averaging system to compare costs, profits/losses over a period of time and given specific parameters, it might decide whether one particular stock shows more promise than another.

Other AI's often "predict" certain profitable times of the year, when to run certain advertisements, which sales attract certain types of demographics, age related grouping, professional careers, etc.

AI's all around us. facial recognition for practically every type of business, banking, shopping, pleasure, etc. it's there!

The AI's are all around us now, interwoven throughout our lives and often touching each and every one of us in ways too often unnoticed by us.

---------
Where to get resources or information on this subject? My friend...you're already there...the Internet!! Your new Digital library and research center!

Good luck in your quest and again, Welcome!!
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

349 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 396. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles