• 14 Replies

DisQ

• Roomba
DisQ
« on: December 29, 2013, 01:06:49 pm »
Hello everyone,

Short introduction in my line of thought:
- A.I. Is possible.
- True A.I. Is not programmed to learn one specific thing.
- Consiousness and self awareness are needed for A.I. to exist.
- For an A.I. to be self aware it needs some sort of enviroment it can interact with.
- True A.I. is alife.
- When we figure out how to make A.I. it will be disapointingly simple. Like a magic trick explained.

I will not be posting much. Just stuff relevant to me.
If you want to know something about me, just ask.

sandyaroma

• Roomba
Re: DisQ
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 04:29:37 am »
Reading this post I'm not very good I know it. It's a story we read, I'm not full of my knowledge, it's very good.

0JL

• Trusty Member
  • Roomba
    • thinkbots are free
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 01:56:00 pm »
You can feel your hands because you have sensors in your skin. You can feel your thoughts because you have sensors in your brain. You don't have only 5 senses: thanks to your 6th sense, you can observe your mind. This is the main loop of consciousness. This is your trick. But human mind is a lot more than that, IMO.

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 07:06:40 pm »
And who is generating thoughts that we observe in our mind? Gaia?

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 01:04:37 am »
The brain god...who else?

;)
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

0JL

• Trusty Member
  • Roomba
    • thinkbots are free
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 09:59:55 am »
 ::) Fair enough, I deserve it! I'm still answering the question. Memory generates thoughts, that's its very purpose.

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 04:35:02 pm »
And conversely, thoughts generate memory (or plural as the case may be).

Unfortunately, we spend an entire lifetime accumulating, storing and basically building memories.

In the end, when all is said and gone, they, these collected memories, are all we have left.

More unfortunately, with the malady of dementia or alzheimers, these valuable memories, fade, become disconnected, lost or even totally erased forever!!

Perhaps digital storage of human memories could hold a possible answer or solution. Fix the problem within the brain, reload the memories.
Laugh now...
Often, today's science fiction is tomorrow's science fact!

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 03:43:38 am »
Actually, i like the theory of a sense of mind pointed in a stream of thoughts. Maybe our imagination is some kind of interactive entity that relies on our memories.

If you think more carefully, all our thoughts are fragments of recorded sequences of some senses. When we think in words, we are unconsciously remembering how those words sound when we speak. I don't know how would that fit into theory of inner Universe observation.

0JL

• Trusty Member
  • Roomba
    • thinkbots are free
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 01:40:16 pm »
Sorry for the delay.

Art, are you interested in the theory of Singularity, "augmented mankind", and these sort of things? Personnaly I'm a bit scared by these. I mean, the limit would be a bit fuzzy between healing Alzheimer (which is indeed an awful disease), and "augmenting" geeks brains...

ivan.moony, apparently there's a part of brain which is dedicated to sound playback, they call it phonological loop. I think that's what I'm trying to play with in my "talking to yourself" thread.

I have  this idea. Take any classical imperative programming language. Code to be executed is distributed among functions or procedures. These shapes, functions or procedures, should work both ways. You can execute a function, and you can feel a function. When you execute a function, you give its name, and the body is executed, as usual. Now, as a sensor, when a part of the body is executed (by other actors), then the name is progressively given, so to speak. Then you can choose to fulfill the function, or anticipate what comes next...

I'm currently learning Ruby, to make something like "Rew" but with data types other than strings.

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 02:48:22 pm »
I actually believe that the singularity is a "theory" that is playing out to become a fact, in a very short time.

Augmented geeks will eventually lead to augmented people (the masses). Back in the early day of computers and computing, there were only a handful of us and there were no standards, no IBM clones or google or social media (other than our BBS's we ran). We geeks then enjoyed our own fun and experimentation for a while then the computer thing caught on and grew. Companies soon caught on as well then the small individual home and home brew computers like the Ti, RS, Heathkit, AppleII, DEC., HP, SWTP (South West Technical Products), Sol, PET, Cromemco, Ohio Scientific, IMSAI, NorthStar, Polymorphic, etc. (yes there were quite a few) soon fell by the wayside and the IBM clones came into power as did Apple.

Eventually the BBS's dwindled away after the public was able to connect to the crude Internet which was mostly text based at first.

Augmented? Yes, look at us now. Handheld phones with more memory than our desktop computers from 20 years ago! Touch screens, iglasses, VR, Speech Recognition, AI, Robotics. We have assimilated in a large sense and it's not just restricted to the "geeks" for most of us are now "geeks" of one sort or another.

If we could upload our memories to a vault for safekeeping then download or implant them again when needed after a head injury or stroke or dementia, etc. how wonderful that would be.

Don't be scared. it's all around us and part of us. We now can practically replace every body part and there's only a few other areas left for us to explore designing and building replacements. Eventually time will tell.

And now that I'm much older, I prefer to call myself a "Geekster".  :2funny:

0JL

• Trusty Member
  • Roomba
    • thinkbots are free
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 07:16:51 pm »
Yeah. Nowadays, we use only 10% of our brains. With these technologies, we'll be able to use 60% of our brains: 10% as usual, and 50% for GoogleAds. What a wonderful world.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2014, 07:57:25 pm »
I hope Adblock are on the case   ;)

0JL

• Trusty Member
  • Roomba
    • thinkbots are free
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 07:54:56 pm »
Sorry, it was just a poor joke :)
But seriously, does it have to be everything-or-nothing? I mean, I like wifi, but I also like tomatoes from my garden... Can I have both? As long as we have the choice, it's ok to me.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2014, 08:41:27 pm »
Usually the choice comes down to what we can afford.

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2014, 10:14:15 pm »
When it all boils down, Life is ALL about Choice or Choices.
Those that we make and those that are offered to us.
Choose to believe or not, to do or not to do, to be or not to be
That is the question.... ;)

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

286 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 343. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles