• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
  • Disclaimer old brain @ work not liable for content
    • Chatbotfriends
Strange coincidences
« on: November 15, 2018, 06:10:10 pm »
I am going to out myself again I am @Thunderbirds511
 on twitter
Turing choose castration." They castrated him with DES...- .man who Saved the World yet Died in Disgrace This was the same dangerous drug they gave to mothers in the 1930-1970's that caused birth defects. I was one of those
https://twitter.com/Thunderbirds511/status/1063120463780593664
https://t.co/tW6UmXGucr

I find it fascinating that the man who inspired computers and the turning test for chatbots is the same man who was responsible for my birth. I am also fascinated by the coincidence that I happen to be interested in chatbots the very technology he inspired. My Websites /2
https://twitter.com/Thunderbirds511/status/1063122693015437312

chatbotfriends.org  and https://chatbotfriends.site  are dedicated to chatbots and AI. Indirectly and directly.
https://twitter.com/Thunderbirds511/status/1063122694055608321
So sue me

DemonRaven

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • Chatbotfriends
Re: Strange coincidences
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 06:16:22 pm »
Speaking of DES you would think that the doctors knowing the effect it had on adult males would stop to think about what effect it would have on male babies plus the fact that if you also add in progesterone the female body tends to say oops to much estrogen and estrogen like products so lets turn this into testosterone. You can not give a pregnant woman hormones without damaging the unborn child it is just a given. But nooooooooooooooooo They think they know better and do it anyway logic be damnned.
So sue me

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • All your words are belong to us.
    • Demonica
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 12:09:47 am »
What was and was not deemed appropriate as recently as 30-40 years ago is not necessarily what is and is not deemed as such today.

Who hasn't seen Clockwork Orange? Everybody knows the tragic story of poor misunderstood ultraviolent Alex who opted for a new cure that consisted of drugging him and making him watch scenes of violence which ultimately made him retch at the sight of in real life.

No way. That could never happen in the real world.... Could it?

Surprise! It was standard aversion therapy practice till the 1980's to deal with "sexual deviant" behaviors in mental health facilities:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/hide-and-seek/201509/when-homosexuality-stopped-being-mental-disorder

When I talk about the things we did in the field during the 70's that was also standard practice and you don't begin to know the half of it.
In time, you will learn to love your Robot Overlords.

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 12:17:36 am »
There are numerous examples of mothers killing their offspring. I am confident that there will be another one soon.

DemonRaven

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • Chatbotfriends
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 12:23:07 am »
There are numerous examples of mothers killing their offspring. I am confident that there will be another one soon.

Mine is dead so you are out of luck lol besides being a scientist my dad was also in the military and spent a lot of time teaching me ways to kill people not a fun way to spend my childhood but I can defend myself now.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 12:45:05 am by DemonRaven »
So sue me

DemonRaven

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • Chatbotfriends
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 12:39:29 am »
What was and was not deemed appropriate as recently as 30-40 years ago is not necessarily what is and is not deemed as such today.

Who hasn't seen Clockwork Orange? Everybody knows the tragic story of poor misunderstood ultraviolent Alex who opted for a new cure that consisted of drugging him and making him watch scenes of violence which ultimately made him retch at the sight of in real life.

No way. That could never happen in the real world.... Could it?

Surprise! It was standard aversion therapy practice till the 1980's to deal with "sexual deviant" behaviors in mental health facilities:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/hide-and-seek/201509/when-homosexuality-stopped-being-mental-disorder

When I talk about the things we did in the field during the 70's that was also standard practice and you don't begin to know the half of it.

True but who is to say who is really a sexual deviant if the deviant isn't 100% male or female? Are they still deviants? Even Christ mentions them in the bible He called them eunuchs that are born because the vast majority back then were sterile. There were no hormone treatments to be given so boys with androgen insensitivity syndrome or swyers syndrome  grew up looking like breastless hairless females aka eunuchs. Babies that were born of mothers taking hormones were shown now to actually have problems with their gender identity they have the body one but the brain of the other. Nature itself is full of wild and wooly examples of sexual mishaps and some are deliberate examples of ways to reproduce and survive such as fish that change gender if one gender is missing, male sea horses ""give birth"" to babies and take care of them Actually it is just a pouch that the eggs reside in but it is close the real thing, bateria engage in asexual reproduction, virus hijack other species cells the list goes on and on. We are the end product of all that so is it any wonder that we have a few extra wonders running around.
So sue me

DemonRaven

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • Chatbotfriends
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 01:56:35 am »
Speaking of sexual deviants some want to do it with a chat bot and a robot so what could be more unnatural then that? It is not even human? lol. I Don't judge and don't really care to be honest what a person does  as long as it is legal is their business. I feel others shouldn't either.
So sue me

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • All your words are belong to us.
    • Demonica
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 07:24:31 am »
Speaking of sexual deviants some want to do it with a chat bot and a robot so what could be more unnatural then that? It is not even human? lol. I Don't judge and don't really care to be honest what a person does  as long as it is legal is their business. I feel others shouldn't either.

My focal point was how they clinically treated what was then seen as "sexually deviant", and how what was and was not deemed appropriate then is not necessarily the same as what is deemed as such now.

When I become a big time Digital Pimp with a gold plated vintage Thinkpad I'm going to have highly specialized Digital Divas. It's already received rave reviews and should demand high dollar clients. Pimps don't work for free.

In time, you will learn to love your Robot Overlords.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Colossus
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018, 01:13:39 pm »
OK...

I am aware that this is a General Chat section.

Please be likewise aware that this is also a "Family Friendly" site.

Such discussions really have little place in this site's environment as the Internet is loaded with other, more receptive venues for such discussions.

Your consideration is appreciated.
Thank you!
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

DemonRaven

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • Chatbotfriends
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2018, 05:13:59 pm »
ARt the family friendly part went out the door a long long time ago way before i came along. So lets not pretend any longer.
So sue me

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

311 Guests, 1 User
Users active in past 15 minutes:
ivan.moony
[Trusty Member]

Most Online Today: 346. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles