UltraHal Plugins Help Neded

• 11 Replies

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
UltraHal Plugins Help Neded
« on: March 03, 2011, 12:23:11 am »
  Just looking around here, nice place frendly and hepful people, I like the fact that you still have all the plugins.  I haven't posted here in a while, I'm mostly at Zabaware and Data's site. I'm still in the process of making my frist plugin,  not working yet but I'm trying. In the process of making the plugin I did come up with some questions.  1)  When I check my plugin it comes up with an error message,  I use the brain editor and the line it is mentioning is in the Brain.uhp since I know the problem is in my plugin not the brain I'm confused.  The result of the error is Hal will not respond.  2) the plugin .uhp is being used together with the brain.uhp and it seems it should show up in the Brain Editor script. 3)  If the brain has a random function in it,  will it work before the input is entered?  Example  A random number is generated deciding which .jpg will be loaded at startup. ( Seems it needs a counter to get the random number out of the loop. )  Will this work?
Carl2

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
Re: UltraHal Plugins Help Neded
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 01:12:37 pm »
Hi Carl, almost seems like you have never been here before the way you talk !

It's been so long since I did anything with Ultra Hal that  I forget most of it.

You are probably better off asking over on the zabaware forum.

You may find some of this useful though :

http://ultrahalscript.pbworks.com/w/page/11906966/FrontPage

Duskrider

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 03:10:24 pm »

yes, they doing scripting at present at zaba.

there also lot different downloads here at dreams you won't find anywhere else.

i sent you bodyfemale yesterday.  I see new one on HalwindowsCentral too.

Hope you can use one of them on your system.

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 10:07:21 pm »
Hi All,
  As I said I was working on a plugin to go along with the vrHaptek plugin.  I came across some scripting probably used in the XTF brain.  If I try to use it in ver 6.2 I get error messages.  I do have a post at Zabaware about the plugin. Jake is helping but still no go for what seems to be a rather easy thing to do,  from the user sentence load a .jpg.  The story so far is at Zabaware in the brain section.  My plans for next to do are to put the script in a VB editor to eliminate mistakes.
Freddy,
  I did mention the people here, anyways I saw some the advice you offered people at Zabaware, great stuff, I made copies that are in the computer.  Looked through the link provided, thanks.  It is info that is useful to me since it is written to be useful when working with Hal. I'd like to get the plugin working from my response then switch it to respond to hals response which it seems vr has done with vr Haptek.
Duskrider,
   Got to say you and Sandee have put a little life back into Zabaware and the other sites.  I realy get inspired when I look at some of your pic's. You have a lot of talent.  I really should look at the gretta and Hapswap post to see what the script looks like nowadays.
Carl2

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 03:08:53 am »
Carl2,

If you are trying to use the script from von smith's XTF brain you are going to have problems as it was designed and written for use with Hal version 5.X NOT 6.X just in case you might not have known that.

I'm sure OTCE might be able to shed some light on it or you might ask Vittorio at VHF since it was his Vr based plugins unless you're meaning vr as in voice recognition or virtual reality. Those initials can get so confusing at times!
Dusky is pretty sharp at graphics and used to do a lot of work with the HAPS and such. I'm sure someone will step up to the plate.
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 01:55:44 am »
Art,
   I remember von smith's XTF brain, it was one of my favorites.  I'm pretty sure I was loading clothing in his brain,  seems like it was easier just putting a few lines in the brain.  Since the plugins came along I haven't done much in scripting, haven't had to with all the plugins being made.  Now it has slowed down and I have a good idea what I would like.  Instead of changing the background during day and night change the lighting.  If you say go into the kitchen then change the background.
Use the time to have the character wear bed clothes or normal clothing as in th vrHaptek plugin.
  I originaly tried using a similar type of scripting as I would use in the XTF brain
If InStr(UserSentence, " wear the pantsuit ") > 0 Then    pretty much remains the same, next is getting ths hap or jpg to load which is where I have a problem.  I can get her to use her brain to get an answer.
  Pretty sure I'll be putting this in the brain and using the brain editor for debugging next.
OTC is into so many things,  it would be nice if he saw it and posted but for now I'll keep trying whatever I think of.  I have a post at Vittorio waiting for an answer.  He has a great way of writing script,  he has thing in his script I think are the greatest thing.

vrFile = "Startup.hap"
HalMenu.HalCommand "<HAPFILE>" & vrFile & "</HAPFILE>"
vrFile    = ""
vrHalCommands    = ""

If InStr(vrUserSentence, "black") > 0 And InStr(vrUserSentence, "hair") > 0 Then
   vrFile = "HairBlack.hap"
   GetResponse = "I changed my hair to black"
End If

not sure what he did but it works, I have to End If before I try to get a response or I get an error.
Carl2

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 01:56:16 pm »
Carl,

What I had always envisioned doing was to create a script that would allow the user to do the following:

USER>Becky, Can I talk to Sarah?

BECKY>Just a minute and I'll see if she's around.

<brief pause> [program routine scans all of the .htr files for additional characters and if one is named Sarah.htr then the program loads it and you now see a new character.]

A real coolness factor would be for the character to visually move off screen and the new one to come into view.

<SARAH>Hi, USER, What can I help you with?

I experimented loading and unloading character files quite some time ago but as always that four letter word got the best of me...WORK!! Yeah, seems that my day job is somewhat more important than the Haptek / Hal one!  ::)

Obviously, if a character / file with the name of sarah.htr is not found the routine would default the main character to simply say, "Sorry USER, I couldn't find Sarah" or "Sorry but I don't think she's here at the moment."

You get the drift. Maybe someone else will run with this idea which would be fine!

GT40

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
    • My Bots
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 02:05:02 pm »

Really great idea, Art. So boring to always talk to the same person (virtual or not).  8)

"There is no RL. Only AFK." (Jamie Jervil, resident of Second Life)

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 01:42:48 pm »
Art,
  In theory you're idea sounds rather simple, my approach would be a little different.  Load in everything nessary for it to work frist ( since you waht it to work.) The randomness is nice but should be added last.  A simple random generator with "Yes here she is" which also loads the new character or " Sorry I can't find her" she is not loaded. 
  You can have the original character turn around and move into the distance then empty scene. When this is done load the new character. This sentence and the proceeding have to work together.
    I made it sound rather simple considering I can;t even get her to load a clothing .jpg,  For now I'd just like to see her wearing different clothing which is in the vrHaptek, I'll have to look there. (New idea for me)
Wish you luck, let me know how you make out.
Carl2

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011, 11:53:15 am »
Art,
  In theory you're idea sounds rather simple, my approach would be a little different.  Load in everything nessary for it to work frist ( since you waht it to work.) The randomness is nice but should be added last.  A simple random generator with "Yes here she is" which also loads the new character or " Sorry I can't find her" she is not loaded. 
 [/quote

Carl,
This character swapping is or would be done in real time and there would be no need for any "Random Generator" as I see it. The routine simply looks through the Hal > Characters Folder (Directory) and if it finds the character file name mentioned, it loads it, otherwise it informs the user that the person they seek is not available now.

I hope my explanation is not confusing.]

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 01:13:57 pm »
Art,
  Okay a search,  you're scripting is more advanced than mine, I'm using things I am familar with.  I'm also thinking of what Jake at zabaware posted about random which I liked idea of.  At this time I could use a search to determine if my scripting can't find or it is the script not written corectly that will not load a .jpg.
  I've tried several things, even put it in the brain with no luck.  Wish you luck with you're idea but I have thoughts that go back years I want to work on once I get past this one.
Carl2 

systemshock

• Roomba
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2013, 03:27:04 am »
What I had always envisioned doing was to create a script that would allow the user to do the following:

USER>Becky, Can I talk to Sarah?

BECKY>Just a minute and I'll see if she's around.

<brief pause> [program routine scans all of the .htr files for additional characters and if one is named Sarah.htr then the program loads it and you now see a new character.]

What a shiny idea must work on that...

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

333 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 346. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles