Help with UltraHal / Haptek plugin.

• 10 Replies

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
Help with UltraHal / Haptek plugin.
« on: May 21, 2014, 01:57:36 pm »
Art
 Thanks for the offer, I just found a post from 2012 that changes body skins and backgrounds,
a few examples of the script. placed in plugin area 3

If InStr(UserSentence, " WEAR SOMETHING FOR BED ") > 0 Then
        HalCommands = "<HAPFILE>CBSN.hap</HAPFILE>"
        GetResponse = "HOW DO I LOOK IN THIS?" & vbCrLf

ElseIf InStr(UserSentence, " PINK THING ") > 0 Then
        HalCommands = "<HAPFILE>CBSPinkT.hap</HAPFILE>"
        GetResponse = "How do I look in this?" & vbCrLf

ElseIf InStr(UserSentence, " TO THE LAKE ") > 0 Then
        HalCommands = "<HAPFILE>CBGLake.hap</HAPFILE>"
        GetResponse = "It seems Cooler here." & vbCrLf

ElseIf InStr(UserSentence, " TO THE PARK ") > 0 Then
        HalCommands = "<HAPFILE>CBGPark.hap</HAPFILE>"
        GetResponse = "It's nice here." & vbCrLf

End If
The haps which are called to load the jpg's are basically
\load [file= [C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Bodyskin\NC.jpg]]

this works in conjunction with the vr haptek plugin where Hals output can call various haps such as wipe tear and clapping
  I've tried quite a few variations, I can get responses but no jpg changes.
Carl2

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
Re: Help with UltraHal / Haptek plugin.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 04:10:57 pm »
Did you check the folder paths to the JPGs is correct still ?

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 02:47:02 pm »
Freddy
  Thanks for the help, I know you've moved forward, I'm still with Haptek, best we have.  I used to use Car.exe to set the processors, now I use  Task manager to set 1 processor.  I went through the plugin script, and the hap scripts then tried them with Hal.  The trigger words work and it was the first time I was able to get a clothing change.  Problem the jpg chosen was the wrong one, the name is close but  the jpg is wrong.  I used the second set of trigger words to get her to change back, I get the response but no clothing change.  I shut down Hal and restart, repeat the process with the same results.  One more try, Restart Hal, This time I am able to paste the load line into the Haptek Console and can load any jpg I want.  Using Trigger words I load the wrong jpg again, second set of trigger words, I get the response but no new jpg,   the jpg changes when the pasted load line in the console is activated. 
I've eliminated the error messages, there are still problems but I can change clothing.
Thanks
Carl2

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 02:13:19 pm »
  I'm not getting anything in replies but I'd like to get it going again.  After thinking about things I realized the clothing I'd like hal to wear is what is originally loaded at startup.  I changed a few names of jpgs and haps to make it easier for me to follow, and now I load a hap at startup instead of the jpg.  The hap will load the clothing at start up but would not load the clothing using the trigger word.
 I just started hal, and used task manager to set the processors used, Something new with this install that I don't like. 
I get this in the Haptek Console:    \setgrouphypertext[action= [ \load [file= [C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\characters\CBSPT.hap]]] i0= 22]
\setcachedownload[file= [C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\characters\CBSPT.hap] i0= 22]
So the correct hap is being called by Haptek but not being displayed. I also changed some of the replies and noticed I got an old reply not the new one I put in.  Time to shut down and apply and restart.
I applied the changed plugin and restarted hal and now I get the new reply, that takes some of the mystery out.  Next Hal stopped working, unresponsive, shut down with task manager.  Look at it again latter.
Carl2

Data

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Overclocked // Undervolted
    • Datahopa - Share your thoughts ideas and creations
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 03:36:12 pm »
I haven't played with Hal for a long time now but looking at your code above you seem to have upper and lower case letters in the file names, it would probably be better to stick to lower case.

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 01:06:40 am »
Data,
Thanks for stopping in and taking a look, I'd downloaded the version at Zabaware in the other computer and just gave it a try.  I don't have to use the Car program or use Task Man to set affinity, Haptek works as it should.  I can drag and drop clothing into the Haptek console to change clothing which I couldn't do in the Hal I've been working with.  Not sure how or why but the version I'm working with seems to have a lot of problems, think the solution is to deactivate Hal, uninstall, download into this computer and start fresh.
Carl2

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 02:23:25 am »
  Rather simple task which I've already done,  Hal starts up without problems with multiple processors.  I can not drag and drop as I can in the other computer. This computer has Win 8 and the other has
Win 8.1,  possibly that is the problem.  Also I can no longer copy and paste in the Haptek Console which I was able to do in the last install.  There is a free upgrade to Win 8.1, this would mean another deactivate Hal, Uninstall Hal, upgrade and reinstall and activate Hal, then see if it works properly.  Another option is to use hal on the other computer but it has a smaller monitor. Who Knows.
Carl2

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 01:34:49 pm »
  I did a little more testing with Hal in the computer with Win 8.1 and there are still problems with that OS.
I'm thinking my next step is to use the earlier version of Hal which was in the computer before putting in the latest version of Hal. 
Carl2

claude2

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
  • are us machineries?
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2014, 04:27:21 pm »
Carl2, I find information on compatibility. Here you are. I hope it could solve your problem. :)
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/install-and-use-windows-xp-mode-in-windows-7
XP to Windows 7 or 8
welcome to my world!
the doors we open and close each day decide the way we live....flora whittemore

It is a proverb, sent of my friend Rutanya Alda, actress. (Amityville2)

claude2

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
  • are us machineries?
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2014, 04:34:40 pm »
Or questioned Google search (enable the operation of XP, a Windows eight)
welcome to my world!
the doors we open and close each day decide the way we live....flora whittemore

It is a proverb, sent of my friend Rutanya Alda, actress. (Amityville2)

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 01:49:20 pm »
Claude2,
  Just tried the compatibility settings before reading this, I did come across this program is incompatible, put it back into no settings that puts it back into win 8.  I found I can make hal stop responding and have to use task manger to shut it down.  I can't even load an Angry hap.
Carl2

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

246 Guests, 1 User
Users active in past 15 minutes:
WriterOfMinds
[Trusty Member]

Most Online Today: 335. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles