Mixamo

• 9 Replies

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
Mixamo
« on: November 28, 2014, 05:57:37 pm »
I think it's been posted before but I think this is a pretty neat concept with tons of possibilities not to mention the "fun factor"!!

In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
Re: Mixamo
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 07:11:48 pm »
It looks good. I did peruse their site a while back when I was researching how to get my models to work.

The cost is quite high though for me, considering at the moment I don't need to do a lot of work to get my models into Unity. It might be a future thing though as I've thought about making games lately.

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 09:35:08 pm »
Along that vein, imagine how much more "life" could be added to other programs, even chatbots like UltraHal could benefit. With the ability to customize characters that would certainly add another measure of appeal to the mix.

Shame that their prices are so high. Of course it always seems that the good things are. :(

If there could be a way for Daz or iClone3D to work with Hal, then we'd definitely have something going! Maybe one day....

I know, Freddy, your own version FREPLE = FREddy's peoPLE. There you go!! Problem solved! Now uh...where are they?  ;) :o

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 01:33:01 pm »
Hehe, well I've nearly completed the AIML interpreter - I added learning using SquareBear's AIML with special <learn> tags. I'm hoping in the new year people will be able to visit Jess in her little world.

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 02:33:48 pm »
How very cool would that be!! You must be excited! Looking forward to the experience of meeting and interacting with her (if that's possible at that time).

It's your world...built it your way!  (as long as Jess approves).  ;)

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 07:42:48 pm »
Yes I am excited to see things finally come together.  :dancer:

I spent today fixing a few bugs that I found in the interpreter. I'm pleased to say that I think the learning is working right now, as are a few other tweaks. Currently it can actually hold a simple conversation and as yet I have not plugged in the free AIML. But like I said, I would heavily edit that.

Back to modelling though. I'll still be using the Daz figures. That Mixamo place would cost me $500 a year to be able to do what I can currently do fine with just Daz Studio and Unity. Especially the decimator they advertise which simply reduces the poly count of a model. I bought the Daz version of this when it was on offer, I think it was about $30.00.

Anyway, I'm also thinking of building some medieval houses in Blender then using them in Jess' world. As she's on the medieval side I don't know if she should talk about things like computers. I'm still deciding, I'll have to work on some back story so I have something to build from. I thought she might be a little different to most.

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 12:54:19 am »
Since you really have an affinity for that time period why not make her a complete person of that era. Clothing, mannerisms, colloquialisms, speech, slang, articles and item names, etc.

You might have to brush up a bit on your medieval history in order to keep everything regarding her as accurate as possible.

Hehe...I'm just imagining her as an entry in a future Turing Test. I can just hear the judges..."What's that she's saying?", "When?", "What's a fortnight?" Oh my! This could be good! O0

OR....you could keep her as a young gal who was unfortunately sent back to the past via her Uncle's Time Machine. Now she's a modern girl trapped in the past searching for a way to get back but in the meantime, she has decided to act less conspicuous by trying to "fit in" amongst the locals. Lots of possibilities for ya, old friend! Good luck with her! (you know how they can be...set in their ways and such.)  ;)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 07:44:14 pm by Art »

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 01:36:33 pm »
I like it Art, thanks. I'll have a think :)

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • TV News. Pub. UAL (PhD). Robitron Mod. LPC Judge.
    • 8pla.net
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2014, 11:53:15 pm »
Oh, the price may be quite reasonable, I think.   For example, anything that saves providing a gaming video card and a 3D computer graphics program license for a new game designer to get started... Probably pays for itself.  And don't worry.  There's still a ton of  work left for the game designer to get the game into production.
My Very Enormous Monster Just Stopped Using Nine

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2014, 01:30:42 pm »
Yes the price is reasonable for a game studio. I just meant for my current needs it is too much. Besides I learnt to rig things in Blender and that's free.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 02:08:33 pm by Freddy »

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

271 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 343. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles