• Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
TTS Getting better
« on: February 19, 2015, 09:04:18 pm »
At least in my humble opinion.

A mix of TTS and real audio or all TTS ?  :scratchchin:

http://my-tinnitus-solution.com/?hop=haff1

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
Re: TTS Getting better
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 12:35:19 am »
Can't say with certainty. Being a sufferer of Tinnitus, I was drawn in to his spinning the pitch to purchase his "Proven" method of Curing Tinnitus with everyday foods in your home. Funny how several medical doctors, ENT's and audiologists can't help me, yet this guy has done it sidestepping the medical community of England (they require extensive testing for around 8 years before releasing any findings, etc.).
Well, I didn't part with my $40.00 nor did I discover how to repair the Myelin sheath on the nerves inside my ears.

I do think some of the text is being read either by voice actors or possibly being text that's run through a voice synthesizer, speaking their sentences.

One slight thing I noticed. This guy in the clip is from the USA, yet he used the word, "Whilst". To me, this is clearly an English word having origins and usage in England and surrounding areas. In the USA, we generally would have used the word "While" or "While this" or "While it's clear to me...", but NOT whilst. Might have been an honest mistake as I did notice him reading some text but what was showing on the screen was different wordage.

Either way, some did sound sort of mechanical but that could have been attributed to bad audio equipment which I find out since he was a recording engineer. ;) Go figure. Either way...an interesting experience. Someone answer that ringing!!...Oh...nevermind.... ???
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 03:11:09 pm »
Thanks for taking a listen, I think some of it was real people.  The male voice was pretty convincing to me last night, but today when I listen to it it's clearly TSS.

Ultron

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • There are no strings on me.
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 09:15:12 pm »
I don't think that is a TTS program. Even if it were, an engine of this caliber would cost thousands - and this is just an everyday scam advertisement so it would make no sense.

Also you can clearly notice him stressing certain facts (such as the 'high reputation' of the cure or whatever) - I doubt a program would know when and how to change it's 'intonation' in order to better sell the product.

Although there is something fishy - either a voice synthesizer (manipulator or w/e) or a speed up recording made by a bad microphone.
Software and Hardware developer, and everything in between.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 02:15:24 pm »
Speaking of TTS, a friend of mine was surprised when I told him that the wonderful voice software, ivona, had been bought out by Amazon!
Yep...go figure.

My three favorites, ivona, Cereproc and Cepstral, IMHO.
OK...AT&T's voices are still pretty nice as well.
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

264 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 343. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles