Scramble Suit

• 3 Replies

Ultron

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • There are no strings on me.
Scramble Suit
« on: May 09, 2015, 11:38:33 pm »
Another amazing face-tracking (motion tracking) example. This program was developed using openFrameworks in C++ along with some add-ons. Please scroll down to the very bottom and view the last video:

http://openframeworks.cc/tutorials/introduction/000_introduction.html

I have also managed to find the project's GitHub repository, for you pleasure! (I will not attempt to understand this)
https://github.com/arturoc/FaceSubstitution

I am yet to find information regarding the hardware used to record the samples (I only know that it's a camera, of sorts). If this is a regular, single-point camera (resolution is trivial) then that just makes it a lot cooler!

I believe ranch.vermin will take special interest in this ;)
Software and Hardware developer, and everything in between.

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
Re: Scramble Suit
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 08:27:39 am »
thats pretty cool.  video evidence isnt proof of anything in 1-2 years from now, (especially if I have something to do with it) once the software is commonplace enough.   So I was thinking about making this super security camera... but all this extra simulation ability has got, actually would make all its video evidence redundant!   

Silly me. 

But it will have advanced automatic triggering (visual object based inference), and statistics, but its not allowed to have simulation ability!  or all its video evidence is made non trustworthy.

I didnt think of that.

My camera had 3 machine learning abilities I thought that would be not possible to add anymore to it.

a) inference triggering.
b) statistical reports
c) using the statistics for novel video concocting.  <- this one actually defeats the purpose of having it... because none of it actually happened. (crying wolf)

Then theres 'compositing' or is it 'impostering'  or is it just lies. :)

and you get all the extra "compositing" helpers,  so if you put a bit of art into it, you can make it even better and get exactly what you want, than what it can make automatically, where its a little aimless what youd get out of it.

Ultron

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 11:50:52 am »
Then it really depends on your goal - is it commercial, or an enhanced, personal product? But I suppose that even if the use is personal you still wouldn't be able to use it as evidence (I guess I was thinking avenger-style backyard superheroes).

I am sure this are a few legal points in some book regarding this, and I am sure they differ between your and my country.

But you can still use the software afterhand, while still keeping a copy of the original footage. I guess you can go with those edits after all :)

Ultron

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 09:57:45 pm »
Oh hey here is another one: http://forum.openframeworks.cc/t/3hreespace-a-method-for-3d-tracking-using-two-cameras-webcams/17818

This time they specify the camera models they use. While you are aiming for tracking with a single-eye system, my project could be satisfied with 2 cameras as well. I still hope you may find some of this useful.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

299 Guests, 1 User
Users active in past 15 minutes:
ivan.moony
[Trusty Member]

Most Online Today: 346. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles