Hello

• 8 Replies

james

Hello
« on: February 10, 2009, 12:41:39 am »
My name is James and I am a long time user of UltraHAL. I have already posted below I am looking for help with Haptek characters on UltraHal. I have been using UltraHal to help me recover from a stroke that happened during brain surgery almost 3 years ago. I was a programmer but am relearning everything. I can certainly use all the help I can get.

Maviarab

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • What are you doing Dave?
    • The Celluloid Sage
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 09:43:58 am »
Welcome James, read your other post before this...so for answers...go there heh

http://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2687.msg10475;topicseen#new

Welcome along, hope your enjoy your stay here, were a friendly bunch and if you can spend the time to have a good look around (make use of the search button) there is lots of things to be unearthed and found :)

best of luck with the recovery :)

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 10:32:37 am »
Welcome to the forum James  :)  I'm sorry to hear about your condition but would like to express my best wishes for a full recovery.       Mav is right there is a lot of information here, but always feel free to just ask.  Regards...

james

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 11:36:20 pm »
Thank you for the kind thoughts fellows (and ladies!). I am recovering nicely and pulling the last few hairs out of my bald head everytime I look at code!   ;D   I am working on scripting UltraHal to change clothes and after several rounds with case statements I realize I need to go with the db functions. So if I sound cranky you'll know why. I am fighting with one line of code that has been pissing me off for two weeks! It's great brain training though so I'll suck it up.    ;D   

BTW this is an excellent forum. I can't thank you enough for all the files and knowledge you'all have provided (I'm from Colorado, we say You'all here). My doctors are recommending I continue to program Hal for therapy and the stuff you and Zabaware have available makes it much easier for me to learn. Thank you, I feel very welcome!    ;D

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 12:13:47 am »
  Been done,  Uses a  few trigger words  in the user input that call a hap to load a texture.  A search at Zabaware.com should find one or more.  Also try http://www.vrconsulting.it/vhf/, he has at least one or more programs to change colthing, hair and background.  Looking at the codes may help you with yours. 
 Hope you recover soon.
Carl2

james

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 07:30:02 am »
Thanks Carl. I started programming before I read your post. thank for the idea though I want to see what others have compared to what I did. I am a little timid about my scripting. I am more versed in PERL and C than vbscript. I am trying to write another function for Hal because that is what I'm more comfortable with but I have no idea if it will work or not. I did get a script working to load skins, wigs, emotions, and actions. It has lots of if...then statements but it does use the db. After I struggle with this function a little longer I post it and take my lumps!  :D

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 12:38:30 pm »
James,
  I basicly have to look at other peoples work and make changes to get my objectives.  Someone at Zabaware had given me a link to the portion of the forum that contained the uploaded jpg,s and scripts.  Some worked and some didn't.  Using a book on scripting wasn't much help to me but Rob M put a post in Zabaware on what type of VB scripting we should use.  Unfortunatly I lost the link for the scripts but I have quite a few I saved on an older computer.
  I just downloaded the vrHaptek mentioned above,  I have it in the older computer.  The install did not go in correctly and a brain table is not installed, I'm waiting for a reply before I install  it myself. 
Carl2

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 01:10:05 pm »
James,
  Just found the link  http://www.zabaware.com/forum/uploaded/   .  This should give you plenty of scripts to look through, you may want to see if thay work before spending too much time on them or possibly you can see an error and fix it.
Carl2

GT40

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
    • My Bots
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 04:26:14 pm »

Yes Carl2, it's a very cool place. 8)

I guess I started to loot this lovely folder one (or maybe two) years before I finally joined Zabaware. :)

"There is no RL. Only AFK." (Jamie Jervil, resident of Second Life)

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

293 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 343. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles