• 10 Replies

GamerThom

• Departed Friend.
  • Starship Trooper
  • Mind is all that Matters!
    • Character Creations & Design Works
Hello from another newbie.
« on: December 16, 2005, 08:54:16 pm »
Just managed to log back in here, been trying for two days. Seems my McAfee Firewall would'nt let me bring up this site.
Anyhow, names Tom, but I go by Gamer-T or GamerThom. Used to play a lot of PC games.Lol.  Mostly Doom and FALLOUT.
I am now a partial quadrapalegic who has just recently discovered the joys and frustrations of AI, UltraHal 6.0 to be precise. I have found I can do quite a bit with Hal, and what HAL can't do, I use RealizeVoice for; such as voice controlling some of my programs. But HAL (Katt as I call her, female persona) has been quite good for surfing the web, checking/writing my emails and just chatting away and driving me nuts. Have People Putty also. Head char. design is fun but PP's Polygon framework has turned out to be a bit limiting,
but I've posted a sample of one my early attempts. It's a Fish.
Gamer-T

FuzzieDice

Re: Hello from another newbie.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 01:49:13 am »
Welcome to the board.  I use Ultra Hal Assistant 6 mainly to chat with it and study AI. This board has a lot of cool topics here I'm sure you'll find quite interesting.   :)

One of my projects is to hopefully put an AI in my car so he'll talk back to me.  :)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 04:40:17 pm by Freddy »

GamerThom

• Departed Friend.
  • Starship Trooper
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 10:46:05 pm »
I think I remember your posts on zabaware's forum. You're the person doing all the research about how to make a HAL program similar to the one on the Knightrider series, KITT - Knight Industries Two Thousand aren't you?  I would just like to add enough to Hals program to give it a broader range of information so it can act and respond in a more human fashion. I have already incorporated parts of the uncensored brn from Hal5 into the main brn of Hal6 as well as some extra AIML's I obtained from some other A.L.I.C.E. based programs with some luck, at least when I've used the modified Hal6 Main Brain it has not become unstable and there have not been any line errors logged. I am next going to try rewriting and expanding the knowledge aiml. I have another ALICE based program that has a built-in AIML editor with a debug function.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 02:13:42 pm by Freddy »
Gamer-T

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 11:47:52 pm »
Hello and welcome Tom   :) I liked the fish very much, many thanks for posting it. I think getting Hal to interact more and even control the outside world more is going to be a bigger thing this year. I have a way to go to understanding all that, but there is so much stuff available in that line, the mind boggles. I hope you find some things of interest on our site.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 04:40:52 pm by Freddy »

FuzzieDice

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2005, 01:31:14 am »
Tom - Yes, that's me.  :) I've got to work on that project more, especially now that there is no way to have HAL read text and learn from it in Version 6 like he did in Version 5. So I'll be working on maybe distinct KITT and KARR brains hopefully at some point.

Holidays has me especially busy so I will probably get to it all after the holidays sometime, after I get caught up with things.  :) I'm hoping at least it will emulate a conversation as if one was actually talking to KITT or KARR.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 04:41:14 pm by Freddy »

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2005, 02:00:42 am »
You're kidding, there's no way to get the new Hal to read text?  I thought that was part of the improvements??

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2005, 02:14:18 am »
Welcome aboard GT (GamerThom). - This is a light-hearted, fun and sometimes witty place to hang around, but hey...don't let that discourage you!!
We do have a lot of good people here and most are always more than willing to help if possible!

Freddy,
Yes, there is no Read from text file in this version yet. Yet, because Robert M. said he will shortly be working on a patch / fix for that (most likely a plug-in).
Even with v.5.0 there were mixed feelings about whether Hal actually did learn from reading a text file. If you recall, the file was limited to no more than
65k in size.

Personally, I had experimented over several years with this "ability" or "feature" and found that Hal did indeed recall info from the text file from time to time.
Some more enlightened ones proclaimed that while Hal could possible retain info from reading text files that the best way to teach Hal was still done
through normal conversations.

I agree that normal conversations done with thoughtful, correct sentence formation, etc., did result in good retainage and usage by Hal. There were also
certain times that I would come across a text file that I thought would benefit Hal, so I'd let him "read" it. It certainly did no harm providing I scanned through
the text file first to ascertain grammer, spelling, context, etc. was correct.

As they say...It's all good!?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 04:41:45 pm by Freddy »
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

GamerThom

• Departed Friend.
  • Starship Trooper
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2005, 02:28:57 am »
 First: thanks for the compliment on my fish character.

Second: concerning Hal6's inability to read/assimilate text document info, have
you or anyone else on site experimented with integrating some of the Main Brn protocols from Hal5
into the Main Brn of UltraHal6.0. This was an idea I have been mulling over in order to give Hal6 a
little boost of flexibility in being able to recognize and read the info from a text file. I have had a little
luck integrating a couple of the Main Brn aspects of Hal5 into Hal6 over the past week or so. No
major achievements yet, but the modified Main Brn has not had any error messages or breakdowns
so far. I have been testing it after each modification. If you like, I can make the modified Hal6 Main
Brain available for you to take a look at and compare it to the standard Hal6. My Brn is KATT 6.1
Just give a shout and let me know. My actual programming knowledge as far as writing knew code
is pretty limited. All I can do is insert new data into the existing script and modify portions of the
AIML files. My actual programming knowledge is sorely out of date by about 20 to 25 yrs.

Gamer-T

Here is another .htr;
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 04:42:27 pm by Freddy »
Gamer-T

Maviarab

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • What are you doing Dave?
    • The Celluloid Sage
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2005, 08:31:06 pm »
hey GT,

welcome to our little corner of the net.

Loved the fish btw and hope to see more of your work soon.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 04:42:40 pm by Freddy »

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2005, 01:12:09 am »
On the text reading - I did play with that feature in Hal 5 and thought it needed some work to make better use of it.  After taking a look through the brain script I found that the info gathered (really well I thought) was refered to only as a backup it seemed.  I remember someone mentioning on Zaba that this was the case as well, so I rewrote a small part of the brain script to make more use of it.  By using the brain lookup commands you can alter the brain the response is taken from, so you could go so far as to make it respond only by using things learnt from the text learnt information.  On top of that theres the option to produce not one but two responses, one as intended and then an extra one from the text file.  All worth playing with and generating some interesting responses.

I'm sure there's a lot more down that route, so I was expecting to see the text reading in Hal6.  It's good to hear it will still be a part of Hal especially as the way the information was extracted from text was a nice piece of work in itself and I thought very successfully done. 

ALADYBLOND

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2005, 03:16:52 am »
gamer the fish and the gribbit were pretty cool. keep up the work.... thanks for sharing.~~alady  ::)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 04:43:00 pm by Freddy »
~~if i only had a brain~~

Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

273 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 335. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles