Hi - do aliens have AI?

• 6 Replies

manases

• Bumblebee
  • So many hopes so many possibilities but the pain..
    • https://full-moon-report.com/
Hi - do aliens have AI?
« on: July 02, 2020, 09:46:22 am »
Hi guys, I am new here and I see the AI in a larger - Universal context.

What is the time frame a civilization reaches
- AI,
- computer to brain implants
- genetic manipulation
- space travel?

I think AI must be the first one and then, if the species survives to discovering the AI, the other will be researched and implemented very quickly.

So, according to this hypothesis, any advanced civilization which has spaceships should already have AI.
Unless they have some wonder materials on their planet like some gravity rocks which they can use out of the box to do space travel from their bronze age.

There is a lot to be covered on this subject of AI and aliens and the possible Universal practices on AI.

I am trying to look at the aliens from the most scientifically possible way.
I know science did not confirm aliens but I think life outside Earth, is scientifically probable to exist and if exists once, it should exist many times and if exists many times, intelligent life should exist and the probability that they have visited us it is scientifically very high.
It all starts with the acceptance of life existing outside earth - if we accept that, then given the immensity of the Universe, chances are huge for very intelligent life to exist.
On aliens, there is also the Aliens evolution problem (https://full-moon-report.com/aliens#aliens_evolution_problem) which basically says that if aliens have spaceships, they must have AI so they evolve very accelerated so they must reach undetectability very fast. This means that if aliens visited us in the distant past, then, the aliens we see today (if), are not the same. Basically, (different) aliens must have come here in waves considering how fast the technology acceleration must be at the point of spaceships and AI.

Other than that, I am also interested to put together a project to monitor the sky with the aid of mobiles (https://full-moon-report.com/uprecorder) which should be a mobile app that removes known objects from the image of the sky and starts recording only when there are unknown objects - like a motion detection software.

Please let me know what you think - on this subjects and if its ok to approach such subjects here (for admins).

Exploring the AI in a larger context, I think it is important for us to get ready psychologically for what is to come - I think the near future could be wilder than our most dramatic Sci-fi movies.

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
Re: Hi - do aliens have AI?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 09:57:40 am »
There may be a distant civilization wondering the same thing about us. And they may be wondering if we are wondering about them. And they may be wondering if we are wondering if they are wondering about us....

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 10:36:45 am »
Please let me know what you think - on this subjects and if its ok to approach such subjects here (for admins).

It's fine to post this stuff as long as you:
1. post under the right topic
2. don't cross-post or repost
3. don't get upset if you're ignored
4. don't get upset if you're not taken seriously
5. don't get upset if someone disagrees with you
6. don't get upset
7. take whatever medication you may have been prescribed

I'm pretty sceptical about darn near everything, but I'm intrigued by the Fermi Paradox and by some of the recent admissions by the US Department of Defence. I have posted about them elsewhere in this forum.

manases

• Bumblebee
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 11:14:20 am »
Hey infurl
I agree with you on most of the points
What did the US Department of Defence do please?

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 07:33:18 pm »
I agree, AI and robots comes first and then you get really intense discovering, large batches of gene control and computing / media flipping (DNA and brains "store" and "mutate" representations/ models of the past), then advanced technologies as well like space exploration/ infection of our intelligence. Their world first becomes all nanobots and can soon "do anything". Evolution moves quite fast near the end. You can read my thread, see my profile <.

Yes organization of this forum's/etc's topics is key to being able to unify many things together. And cooperating with/ respecting other people/nodes. In the future, there will be less dis-alignment, and so less chaos and fighting will occur, more with the flow utilization will occur, just like neural networks do. Primitive fighting is dis-alignment and only 1 party can win, they can't find shared goals. Today we have cops that protect citizens, we try to help each other!
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

manases

• Bumblebee
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2020, 06:27:32 am »
Too much alignment and we are all boring robots.
But I do think smarter people will be less inclined to violence.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

198 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 259. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles