new here & 2 chat bots

• 5 Replies

Jman

• Roomba
    • www.myspace.com/dragongodoffire
new here & 2 chat bots
« on: June 13, 2006, 02:31:17 am »
i dont actually have 1 yet, but from wat ive heard, they sound almost sentient. (scary thought) but ive desided to look around abit before i get one, so any seggestions would be apresiated. :)
im also totaly new 2 progrming & i barely understand computers. so if any one can teach me about both subjects id be much obliged.
 about ur site
  mouy exelente
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 03:38:14 am by Jman »
rule of thumb: all things are stupid until i figure them out out.

Jman

• Roomba
Re: new here & 2 chat bots
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 11:41:49 am »
i dont actually have 1 yet
i revoke that statement i just downloaded cyberbuddy & answerpad.
any tips?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 01:02:30 pm by Jman »

Maviarab

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • What are you doing Dave?
    • The Celluloid Sage
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 05:26:09 pm »
Hi Jman and firstly welcome to our litle home and eutopia  :afro

On the subjects you listed then please let us know exactly what help you need with what and I'm sure some of us here can lend a hand or at the very least point you in the right direction.

As for the programs you listed I do not personally have any experience with them (though others may have) but in the realms of AI I have to reccomend you download both Ultrahal and Alice

These really are the current benchmark AI programs and you can probably tell from browsing the site what they are both capable of.

There is a wealth of information within the site so please do look round but don't be afraid to ask questions. We have tried to catagorise everything as much as possible to make it easier to find information  :)

let us know your experiences also with the programs you downloaded...who knows we may open up a section or them if we feel it needed.

FuzzieDice

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 08:13:32 pm »
First off, welcome to the forum. :)

As for Cyberbuddy and AnswerPad, I've tried Cyberbuddy and it's a fun system but I personally got rather annoyed with it after awhile. I don't have an AI active all the time the computer is on, as I have work to do and often can't be disturbed. I like an AI that is there when you want it, and not when you don't need it. At least for my personal PC, that is. But Cyberbuddy is pretty cool to play around with.

Like Maviarab, I recommend Ultrahal and ALICE. I have Ultra Hal 6 myself and I find it most useful in learning AI. I also have chatted with a few ALICE bots on the internet, and found they are pretty good. I aspire to create my own some day.

As for learning programming and computers, the best thing to do is learn to use the computer first before learning to program. The best way to learn is to go to a local library, community college or high school's adult education and see if they have beginner computer courses for adults.

After you learn to use the computer, you may want to try studying a programming language. There are many out there. BASIC is one, as is C or C++. There's tutorials for these languages for even absolute beginners. There are also a good many books out there, including library books.

It'll take a lot of time and study. Above all, make frequent back-ups of your computer's data so in case something goes wrong, you can put it back the way it was. :) I think some computer learning courses even teach you how to do that as well.

Jman

• Roomba
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 01:07:08 am »
i barely understand computers.
I geuss i was a tad vague on that. i actually understand enough to get around (i took a computer applicatoins class in high school) but im just aprehensive about deleting programs and stuff, cause i dont have any clue on what kind of affect it has on my pc and when ever error reports pop up that totoly blows my mind. :)

As for programing i might just take a course next semester in college

As fo cyberbuddy it can be a little anoying, and answerpad it doesnt remember what u tell it from session 2 session even after manually saving its memory.

On the subjects of Ultrahal & Alice, i chose answerpad cause i didnt want to spend the money.(i guess i might have 2) :)

& how exactly do u go up in position?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 01:20:56 am by Jman »

FuzzieDice

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 06:45:38 am »
I geuss i was a tad vague on that. i actually understand enough to get around (i took a computer applicatoins class in high school) but im just aprehensive about deleting programs and stuff, cause i dont have any clue on what kind of affect it has on my pc and when ever error reports pop up that totoly blows my mind. :)

Don't feel bad. Every time an error pops up, I want to blow ITS mind!  :knuppel2 Seriously though. Application Errors are designed to be incomprehensible, most of the time. But I found that a little logical thinking, picking apart any clue in the message, looking up the DLLs or other stuff that it references, googling the exact error message or a portion of it, and thinking about what you were doing when it occurred, sometimes you can find a work-around or fix. Google is my best debugger. ;)

As for programing i might just take a course next semester in college

That's a good idea. I don't know what colleges would offer programming courses, but I'm sure tech colleges would. Also might want to try ed2go.com and www.lvsonline.com for online courses that are affordable.

As fo cyberbuddy it can be a little anoying, and answerpad it doesnt remember what u tell it from session 2 session even after manually saving its memory.

On the subjects of Ultrahal & Alice, i chose answerpad cause i didnt want to spend the money.(i guess i might have 2) :)

ALICE is free. And Ultra Hal Assistant does have a free demo/trial to check it out before you buy it.

& how exactly do u go up in position?

Keep posting and sharing. :) The longer you stay and share your AI experience, questions, comments, etc. with us, the more "stars" you earn in your sidebar in the forum here.

Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

285 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 335. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles