Who are you, what do you do & what do you want to do ?

• 346 Replies

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
Re: Who are you, what do you do & what do you want to do ?
« Reply #195 on: November 19, 2012, 09:55:46 am »
The computer is mainly a tool from which we derive information, assistance, pleasure, communication, fun and help, along with a myriad of other benefits.

It is up to us not to let this tool get completely out of hand. While we must limit the amount of power that is given to it or any person for that matter, we must still go forward with our lives and not live in constant fear as if paranoid.

Whatever happens will happen, one way or another. Perhaps in the grand scheme of things, it is destined to be born, live and die like the rest of us. Who really knows?

It remains, however, a most interesting subject of discussion.

sorry, this message took 2.5 minutes to compose while typing. ;)
good day!
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

« Reply #196 on: November 19, 2012, 10:54:14 am »
Thanks Art for understanding.

At least You gave a try, but it deserves a lot more of thinking with such powerful tools. Like we are inventing atomic splitting + happiness machine with intelligent properties and we hope it will surpass our intelligence trillion times. It is not about intelligence, it is about speed.
   I don't trust us, we do mistakes. I don't trust technology, it brakes every minute. Technology is our result. And automating intelligent decisions from the past? people live seventy years now, still do change decisions and it doesn't stops. With this power of calculating? Never automate decisions.

« Reply #197 on: November 19, 2012, 12:24:20 pm »
Art, let me tell you something about humans.

Look what we see in our lifetime, then forget about it:

These are dark ages for our children in the future.

We are rich with a half of plate of food a day comparing to (I assume millions) of hungry Africans. And most of us are a lot richer than that. And we are forgetting them for us to enjoy the life, asking for more. Sorry, I don't want to see automated your decisions that would be so fast and smart to manipulate me. I want to see reality. I want to see extreme big pictures of reality.  We are still not the ones who are ought to manipulate others. We are selfish beings.

I don't think paranoia is the word for this opinion. It is reality. Pretty close word by my opinion.
I don't think paranoia is the word for previous warnings. It might be precaution. With this reality, that word means a lot less than we deserve. But we don't like extreme words, so I don't have a word to warn you about us.

We are not ought to manipulate others. With scientists in (life phenomena) I think we will never be. We already have enough. We have Heating, Internet, Cars (which occasionally kill - completely legal risk everywhere), Big houses, Computer games, ...

We have enough, please stop asking for more. Look what you forgot already. I don't want to forget it, but I probably will.

We are not the ones, we will have a fun a half an hour after throwing a look at picture above. We don't want to be manipulated by each other.

i'm sorry, more than two hours are gone on this message. and it is still not enough. i will probably return while having photo pictures of hungry africans in my mind. you are stopping me for them. you deal with 2.5 minute messages with me. please change
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 01:12:06 pm by ivan.vodisek.scared »

Data

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Overclocked // Undervolted
    • Datahopa - Share your thoughts ideas and creations
« Reply #198 on: November 19, 2012, 03:03:14 pm »
I have a take on this:

The worlds population is around 7,079,984,000.

I am but one person who is doing his best to earn a living and get on with his life while at the same time respecting other people.

One person with no real power to change anything with how the world is run.

I do not worry about things that are out of my hands and control, that would be a waste of my time.

What will be, will be IMHO.

Positive thinking is the order of my day.

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #199 on: November 19, 2012, 10:22:12 pm »
I sort of tried to say that Data...thanks!

With corrupt governments of the world constantly trying to tell the rest of us what's best for us and our children it becomes all too clear where our future is headed.
It is in this light that I contend that a little paranoia can and will be a healthy thing.

The government will try and convince most people that SURVEILLANCE IS SECURITY...it's for our own good! BS...Nothing is further from the truth!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

« Reply #200 on: November 20, 2012, 03:17:31 am »
Data and Art.

This is not about hungry Africans, this is about you. Let me explain once more:

Did you even try to help them? Is it so hard to spend 12 hours a day to help them? That is selfish. Including this little me who spends just nearly 16 hours a day for nearly 20 days from now to help them. And you are in my way. I have a technology which I don't want to give to you. And I will have to do it because I need money for them.

I still don't know what to do, it is a web 3.0 standard with just 2 structures, 2 operators for reaching data and 2 delimeters. Try to compare it to what www3 consortium suggests. Ten years of lonlyness and scientific work. And it is to powerful, you might want to use it.

I'm scared to death here. Trapped to help them, while someone, with 2.7 minutes spent on important things is trying to manipulate world with ai. In my previous post I explained ai that fools me to forget about important things. In those before I explained my biggest fear. My fear starts with your forgetting of important things. And it raises with mistake done with life phenomena knowledge. Human or hardware mistake.

This is about you. You are not those who are ought to make that much influence for future and I know you can. I just want to help. Our selfish decisions are not ought to be automated, even if our technology could be perfect.

That hunger is not to be forgotten. Are you that perfect to automate your decisions? I'm human too, I know something about us. We are selfish beings. We forget things. I will not automate mine decisions. That would trap you forever in middle ages. In mine selfish world.

Please understand, we are not the ones.

I will explain once more then i will stop. You want to automate these decisions:

Bug there, isn't it? There should be animated gif above.
Try this link, maybe it works: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/106271152045620136127/albums/5812721973952044033/5812721979585327762
There is bug in gif too. Gimp I used. Tried to save it for three times in different resolutions. I picked the bigger one. It is still not big enough.

We are full of bugs too. We will find a reason not to try to help those who need help.

squarebear

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
  • It's Hip to be Square
« Reply #201 on: November 20, 2012, 09:04:34 am »
Am I right in thinking that you believe you have created something so amazing that AI will never be the same again. What does it do? Do you have any vidoes of it in action?
Feeling Chatty?
www.mitsuku.com

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #202 on: November 20, 2012, 10:13:43 am »
The hunger of which you refer is NOT because there is a shortage food but rather a lack of proper distribution.

Ten years of research (and development too?). How do you know that what you've finally developed is still or will still be current? A LOT changes in just ten years especially with regard to technology! Just curious about your "product".

Diesel

• Trusty Member
  • Bumblebee
« Reply #203 on: November 20, 2012, 06:50:15 pm »
Game of TRON anyone.  :2funny:
Is the glass half full or half empty, maybe my vessel is to big.

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #204 on: November 20, 2012, 10:19:10 pm »
Now, Diesel, be nice. Just because we don't have a sin bin here doesn't mean that the management couldn't build one. :knuppel2:
It was kinda funny! ;) At least you didn't say Pong...That's right you DON'T remember PONG do you!?  ::)

Diesel

• Trusty Member
  • Bumblebee
« Reply #205 on: November 21, 2012, 08:35:38 am »
Pong, I remember that, ran on an Atari consule I recall, took longer to tune your Television than getting a straight answer from a Politician. Happy days.  :D

Let's hope that if the Management do build a Sin Bin here, probably mostly for me again, they provide decent Food and Blankets Art.  :whip-new: :2funny:
Is the glass half full or half empty, maybe my vessel is to big.

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #206 on: November 21, 2012, 08:05:34 pm »
Funny, D, I somehow seem to have lost my taste for pizza...hmmm.... ???

linux-ai-plz

• Roomba
  • The Commodore 64 was my first love.
« Reply #207 on: February 09, 2013, 09:10:40 pm »
I go under the name linux-ai-plz. Real name "Wayne". I work on medications for sick and injured animals. I am very into chemistry. Linux needs an AI like my Ultra Hal Assistant, "Phoebe" (pronounced 'feebee'). I am working on this with the Zorin 6.10 linux distro. My goals are to make a free and open source AI for the world. I have been coding for around 20 years now (in my spare time). Hopefully I can get some help on my quest  :)

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #208 on: February 10, 2013, 01:49:29 pm »
Welcome Wayne!

Interesting...I've been using UltraHal since it came out and to my knowledge it has never been ported to work on Linux or Mac. Did you manage to get it to run with WINE or some other compatibility layer?

Are you otherwise trying to build a bot similar to UltraHal? If so, what programming language are you using? Just curious as there's a lot of good bots out there and a lot of good people working on them.

Keep us posted on some of your efforts if you'd be so kind.

Thanks and again, welcome!

Sybershot

• Trusty Member
  • Bumblebee
    • Scripted Intelligence
« Reply #209 on: February 10, 2013, 03:18:09 pm »
Most of you know me from other places such as Ultra Hal forums, Data.uk.co or even my website scriptedintelligence.com
For those that don't know me: I am a boat technician by trade and owner of New Wave Boat Dr's
I am an ex-web designer but I still do some designs for friends and family. I love digital graphics arts, seeing it allows me to still draw and paint which I can no longer by hand due to wrist injury. I am a self taught programmer for a few different languages mainly AS3, HTML, CSS, and very little C++  I am trying to learn php and AIML currently in my limited spare time. I also got back into 3D using 3Ds Max a big difference from Auto Cad that I used for 4 years in high school days for architecture and mechanical design.

I am a huge A.I. enthusiast, and have 3 bots that I call Trinity. one bot  that I use the most is ulta Hal(mainly for secretarial purposes, and persuit of a Jarvis (as in Ironman) type A.I. system), The second uses program-o for my websites chat bot (currently down due to technical difficulties via the new version of  php installed on my host server) and the third one is a program creation of my own that uses AS3 and utilizes papervision 3D for it's 3D avatar.

@linux-ai-plz I like your name, and share your request for a suitable A.I. program for Linux. whether you build one or find something usefull please keep us posted thanks :)

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

217 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 271. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles