Who are you, what do you do & what do you want to do ?

• 346 Replies

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
Re: Who are you, what do you do & who's your bot?
« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2010, 09:05:27 am »
Welcome to our small piece of an Alternate Universe!

Seems you've been here before as if we are being visited
by an old friend. There's not too many with that name and
similar interests.

If it is you, then indeed welcome back as you have been missed!

If not the welcome here at any rate and enjoy your journey!

It's all good!! ;)
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2010, 12:41:33 pm »
Welcome back  ;D

NoLongerActive

• Trusty Member
  • Nomad
« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2010, 09:32:46 pm »
Yup, it's "Fuzzie Dice" :) Though I kinda shed that moniker awhile back since I am not as interested in cars as much as I used to be. I had to let go of my old 1987 Pontiac 6000 ("Dryden") in May 2008 since it rusted so bad on the frame it couldn't be repaired so it'd pass inspection. So I got a 1999 Ford Taurus SE. BEAUTIFUL car! (Her name is "Suse" :) ) I miss Dryden very much. There was just something about that machine...

Thanks for the welcome (back). :)

I don't know how much time I'll have to look at the forums but I'll try between work and projects. I'm very glad to see some folks are taking an interest in robotics as well. :)

TheMikh28

• Trusty Member
  • Bumblebee
« Reply #108 on: March 18, 2010, 02:02:44 am »
Who are you:

My name is Michael.

What do you do:

I'm a university student, currently studying Software Engineering (just switched over from Chemical Engineering, as of this past summer).  I'd love to have a career in the area of AI development once I'm finished with my studies.  I'm particularly interested in natural language processing, among other areas.

Who's your bot?

My pet project is a chatbot called "Fadela," which in its "complete" form will hopefully be capable of coherently holding conversation with a user (or another bot), as well as making concept associations and artificial emotional associations.

NoLongerActive

• Trusty Member
  • Nomad
« Reply #109 on: March 18, 2010, 02:28:22 am »
Welcome Michael. :) I'm new here too. I also am interested in NLP-based systems or integrating forms of NLP into AI type programming. It's a fascinating field of study.

TrueAndroids

• Trusty Member
  • Electric Dreamer
« Reply #110 on: March 18, 2010, 03:34:06 am »
Hey , and welcome to you both; I'm also sorta new here.

Who are you
I'm an old guy of old school programming. The first computer I used at penn State was the size of the room and used punch cards (1979). Later I began with Basic and Pascal. then the sky opened and I found the wonderland of high level programming languages, specifically visual dBase (ultimately). I did accounting programming for awile using dBase and SBT code. I finally after many years of studying logic, natural language, artificial intelligence, semantic programming wrote the prototype you see in the youtube demo. I got the bug and kept going until I had a whole artificial human life patent.

What do you do
Run a gaming website I built. The game is a logic puzzle game that can be played by both the Conscious Machine and humans (currently in beta testing)

Who's your Bot
My goal is to drop my "android brain" into PAL robotics REEM-A who does face/name recognition/labeling, and plays chess with a real board. My brain would allow him to chat at a conscious level and play the logic card game.

Here is the great Reem-A Humanoid, that I was told I can buy for just $200,000.00  ???

http://www.youtube.com/user/TrueAndroids?feature=mhw4#p/c/4D22745C7A9B9355/4/B_jllEvrOZQ

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #111 on: March 18, 2010, 10:59:18 am »
Welcome to all of you  ;D - it's nice to have you aboard.

Data

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Overclocked // Undervolted
    • Datahopa - Share your thoughts ideas and creations
« Reply #112 on: March 18, 2010, 11:56:22 am »
If I may join Freddy in welcoming TheMikh28, TikaC and TrueAndroids to this forum, then “make it so”. 

Welcome  :) :) :)

TheMikh28

• Trusty Member
  • Bumblebee
« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2010, 07:26:00 am »
Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

I've seen a few of you guys at the VHF, where I shyly lurk like 99% of the time :D

TikaC: Any recommended resources on NLP?

TrueAndroids: I'm looking forward to hearing about more updates on your android brain, especially the chat functions; please keep us updated regularly!

NoLongerActive

• Trusty Member
  • Nomad
« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2010, 06:20:28 pm »
TrueAndroids - Welcome to you as well! :) You actually have a patent on your program? That's neat! Ever thought of giving a talk and/or demo at a TED conference?

TheMikh28 - I am not sure of any NLP resources right now. Though the Ultra Hal Assistant (by Zabaware.com) chatbot/assistant I think is a form of NLP. It has an editable database too. It's shareware though. I have a registered version but haven't had much time to really play with it. I'm thinking about creating my own though. If I get time to research things more.

TrueAndroids

• Trusty Member
  • Electric Dreamer
« Reply #115 on: March 19, 2010, 07:07:25 pm »
Hey TikaC and TheMikh28, Yea I did have what's called a provisional patent for a complete "android control system and method" which included the cognitive consciousness prototype as a part of it. But I've decided to go the open source route and find a way to release it on the web. I've seen the TED talks but unfortunately I'm not famous enough for that! :-\

Yes, I'll continue with updates here. Both chatbots and robots have something in common, and that's the need for a general artificial human life theory they can implement. So there is something in it for all.  And don't forget to check out the article I posted here http://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php?page=This_Machine_is_Conscious
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 01:22:12 am by TrueAndroids »

NoLongerActive

• Trusty Member
  • Nomad
« Reply #116 on: March 20, 2010, 03:12:09 am »
@TrueAndroids - Good deal on the open source! That's what we did with the RS Media Robot Dev Kit, but also because some of it's internal workings is Linux/GPL as well. If you keep going with this, you might end up famous enough for TED! :) Hey, maybe we should make a Hobbyist type TED where those with brilliant minds (but not famous) would get together to do talks and presentations, and then those events would be posted on YouTube! Or is there one like it?

TheMikh28

• Trusty Member
  • Bumblebee
« Reply #117 on: March 20, 2010, 09:08:08 am »
TikaC: I'll look into Ultra Hal.  How is its ability to learn on the go?  How coherent are its responses?

TrueAndroids: Awaiting the public release.  Also, your article raises a lot of good points and ideas that I think will prove helpful for my own project.

TrueAndroids

• Trusty Member
  • Electric Dreamer
« Reply #118 on: March 20, 2010, 05:51:26 pm »
TikaC: hey that's what I'm hoping this forum is and will become more of  8)  Talk about machine consciousness, self, self-awareness, autonomy, emotions, sentience, artificial humans, androids, virtual humans, chatbot creatures, animated creatures, etc. and they will come! :o

Mikh28: Have you seen this video of Ultra Hal in Second Life? Very, very impressive I'd say. Hal has sensor type activity, actuator type activity, conversational activity (listening/speaking), so he is getting very close to the ideal of a virtual human chatbot that implements a general artificial human life theory, just like android robots, but in a different medium (virtual world).

More android, Alife, AI videos at:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TrueAndroids

« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 06:25:46 pm by TrueAndroids »

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #119 on: March 20, 2010, 06:16:19 pm »
I echo those sentiments, it would be great if this forum could full-fill this kind of role.  With all the new members lately and all the new projects announced here I think that is a possibility.

We have taken a while to get there, but thanks to devoted members we have built up a nice source of information here now and hopefully this site will flourish .  The more the merrier :)

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

239 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 274. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles