Who are you, what do you do & what do you want to do ?

• 346 Replies
Re: Who are you, what do you do & what do you want to do ?
« Reply #180 on: September 24, 2012, 06:36:13 pm »
Hello everyone!

I'm new around here and I'm working on a project related to chatbots, virtual agents and artificial intelligence. I'm part of Adele Robots (robotics startup) and the project we are working on is Fiona. Maybe some of you already know a bit about it.  I've already checked with Freddy the topic I would like to introduce at Ai Dreams and he was very receptive to the idea of us posting here.

I was trying to decide where in this forum I can talk about Fiona, but it's quite difficult because it involves several topics: creativity, artificial intelligence, avatars... I finally chose "General Project Discussion" so you can go there to know more about this project!

I hope you find it interesting!  ;)

Data

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Overclocked // Undervolted
    • Datahopa - Share your thoughts ideas and creations
« Reply #181 on: September 24, 2012, 06:52:34 pm »
Hi SparkingTogether

I think where you have posted in "General Project Discussion" is perfect.

Welcome to Dreams.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #182 on: September 24, 2012, 07:25:35 pm »
Welcome to the site :)

Yes we have a few diverse sections here, bought about by member's interests and what they would like to see.  Most of it is related to AI in some way or at least in a parallel way if that makes sense.

The place you chose seems spot on to me too.  O0

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #183 on: September 25, 2012, 10:50:48 am »
Greetings, Sparking Together,

It's always nice to see and welcome new members to our community! O0
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

« Reply #184 on: September 26, 2012, 12:01:37 pm »
Hi SparkingTogether

I think where you have posted in "General Project Discussion" is perfect.

Welcome to Dreams.

Hi Data! I chatted with Legion and it's really great! Maybe you can create a spark for Fiona from the developments you made for Legion.

BTW, I tried to talk with it about Mass Effect, but it wasn't in its database. I'm curious... Did you chose Legion as a name and the photo because of the game?  ::)

Data

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
« Reply #185 on: September 26, 2012, 12:28:39 pm »
I named the bot legion because of Red Dwarf the TV show, I don’t know if you are familiar with it but there was an episode when the crew met an entity that was made up of multiple personalities and it was called legion.

I thought because my bot was also made up of AIML files from various people that it seemed a good idea.

Her Avatar is from Mass Effect the game, well spotted, yes I have played them all 1, 2 and 3  8), but long before I had legion as a chat bot she was another type of bot on my website, basically she could make posts in the forum but had not chat capabilities and I just liked the avatar, so no real connection to Mass Effect.

My time to spend on Legion is quite limited right now, I would need to look into making a spark for Fiona from Legion, If I’m honest It all sounds new to me and would require some brain time that I can’t afford right now.   

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #186 on: September 26, 2012, 12:44:26 pm »
Legion is from The Bible too, which is where I imagine they got the idea from for Red Dwarf.

There's a famous, well I know it, line : something like Jesus asks; What is your name ?  My name is Legion because we are many.

Just found it on Wikipedia...it was a man possessed by demons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_(demon)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 04:11:15 pm by Freddy »

Bragi

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • Neural network design blog
« Reply #187 on: September 26, 2012, 01:42:55 pm »
Hi SparkingTogether.
I think I've seen you on chatbots.org before.

« Reply #188 on: September 26, 2012, 04:01:24 pm »
I'm not familiar with Red Dwarf, but if a recall well Legion from Mass Effect was named that way because of the passage from The Bible Freddy mentioned.  ;)

Hi SparkingTogether.
I think I've seen you on chatbots.org before.

You are right! We wrote about Fiona's platform in Chatbots and also talked with Erwin Van Lun about the project. He found it very interesting and right now he is one of the users who has access to the platform.   :)

Data

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
« Reply #189 on: September 26, 2012, 05:28:49 pm »
Oh! a Legion in the Bible is there, no I didn’t know that having never read it.

No, my legion has nothing to do with the Bible, more a collection of parts put together making a Legion.

It’s odd though, Legions name really dose seem to confuse some people.

Human: hi
Legion: Greetings, I am legion. What is your name? 

Human: why do you call yourself legion?
Legion: It was the only thing I could think of. 

Human: why?
Legion: It was the only thing I could think of. I can't change the laws of Physics. 

Human: why?
Legion: " I can't change the laws of Physics."Is that logical to you? 

Human: no
Legion: Yes, I see, I think. 

1 – 0  to legion me thinks. See how the human couldn’t even grasp the basic fact that   It was the only thing she could think of.  ;) 

Sorry, taking over the thread  :D  :)

« Reply #190 on: November 18, 2012, 02:14:09 am »
Hi old friends.

I'm Ivan Vodišek and I had an old account which I couldn't access, so I made a new one.
My old account name was "Ivanv", http://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=3556

I was interested in artificial food and this was my project:
"artificial scientist project", http://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4266.0#.UKfUsXYewvB

I was here around some year or two ago, made some friendships, was little bit stupid for understanding jokes. I was talking about "Synth" universal syntax programming language. Some old friends who might remember me are Bragi, Claude, Infurl (link to "Type Theory" from me he liked very much), Art, Freddy, and maybe others.

I have horrible warning for You all here. The warning we all ignored. I'm changed now. I hope You will listen to me.

I have something very important to say:

i apologize

i apologize
i apologizei apologize i apologize i apologize i apologize i apologize i apologize i apologize
i apologize

i apologize

i apologize

i apologize

i apologize

i apologize

i apologize

i apologize

i apologize
        /\
      /**\
   /663+\
THIS KIND OF IMPORTANT!!!
would you let your computer decide anything on your kid?
are you that smart to stop that decision? i think you are not!

i apologize

i apologize

i apologize

i apologize

i apologize

i apologize

i apologize

i apologize

i apologize
i apologizei apologize i apologize i apologize i apologize i apologize i apologize i apologize
i apologize

i apologize

Where your kid could be sent if the machine clues up the life phenomena?
What is the opposite of all joy that exists in all Universes of all Eternities with all existing Beings?

i wish you to stop the whole operation. if computer replaces true for false on mistake, your kid could end up there.

this message was being written in four or five hours. i hope you will listen. i couldn't use smaller font because the message wouldn't be readable.

squarebear

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
  • It's Hip to be Square
« Reply #191 on: November 18, 2012, 03:47:58 pm »
You will find that nearly every aspect of your life is already run on a computer. From being approved for a loan, to your paycheck.
Do you have anything specific to warn us about? What does the triangle of numbers mean?

this message was being written in four or five hours.
Wow really? You must be a slow typer...
Feeling Chatty?
www.mitsuku.com

Data

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
« Reply #192 on: November 18, 2012, 04:44:11 pm »
I'm Ivan Vodišek and I had an old account which I couldn't access, so I made a new one.
My old account name was "Ivanv", http://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=3556

Hi ivan.vodisek.scared

Please don't be scared  :)

If you have lost your old account details you could contact one of the Admins for help.

« Reply #193 on: November 18, 2012, 05:27:38 pm »
Triangle is computer, stars are eyes and third six is coming with artificial intelligence. That triangle is AI. I use black for Hell and white for Heaven.

Concrete major problem is:
Consider all is aligned to most wonderful personality in program. Then hardware byte (to where is decision "do that" / "do opposite" aligned) mechanically brakes and takes the opposite value (while everything else works perfectly). What then program does? Opposite to wonderful personality?

All that decisions in nanosecond that show on our screens. That couldn't be stopped by humans if personality is quality inputed into computer. All that fast decisions that could be used for inventing new power sources. Can we just unplug machine from concrete wall power when mistake is recognized? We are not that smart. Think about the others.

Scientists are waiting for your help to use the Universe. What risk are we allowed to take for explained mistake? Is it more than O risk allowed when dealing with eternity? Do you risk emotions there too?

squarebear: "Wow really? You must be a slow typer..."

This is more serous. Noting four or five hours of work should show how much is understanding of that message important to me. I type about four to five letters per second when typing usual text. Artistic work took the major component of my time.

I turned from programmer into an artist for you. I programmed art inside "Ai Dreams" post box. I took the most I could for meeting with ai constructors. I'm an scientist and painter in one person for you. That hearts me a lot. artificial intelligence scares me that much. At least music is decided to be untouched by me.

There is some work i have made today with art again. Whole day again for 5 seconds of video with aligning blue and red mostly. I'm still learning how to deal with art. I'm moving to  "Ai Dreams Forum » Creativity » Video"  sub-forum for art work.

Diesel

• Trusty Member
  • Bumblebee
« Reply #194 on: November 18, 2012, 05:53:21 pm »
Many Thanks .scared, that's cleared that up then. ;)
Is the glass half full or half empty, maybe my vessel is to big.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

221 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 265. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles