A.I. Awakens - music...

• 1 Replies

Chris Armstrong

A.I. Awakens - music...
« on: January 01, 2008, 07:46:11 am »
Hello,

Freddie, on the Virtual Humans forum, suggested that I post this here.

I wanted to let you know about my new CD, which has a completely A.I./Robotics/Nanotech theme. It's called, A.I. Awakens. I'm trying to let the A.I./Robotics/Nanotech community know about it and I hope you won't consider this message to be SPAM and delete it.

The music is kinda Electro-acoustic, SciFi-soundtrack-esque, with world-music influences -- dark and atmospheric. If that makes any sense.

You can see the cover and hear samples here: http://www.myspace.com/spaceagefurnituremusic

Here's the main website for the CD: http://www.SpaceageFurnitureMusic.com

And you can actually buy it here: http://cdbaby.com/cd/chrisarmstrong

Below is a listing of the tracks and the story depicted by the music:

Thanks

Chris Armstrong
Percussionist/Composer, A.I. enthusiast

1. Prelude - Like Nanobots to a Flame  1:30
A cloud of flying nanobots is attracted to various energy sources around the robot insect factory.

2. Robot Insect Factory  6:04
Robot insects are being constructed and then go on to construct more of their kind, geometrically proliferating.

3. Prelude - Stimulus-Response  2:46
Macro and nano bots interact and begin refining their sensory sub-nets and genetic algorithms.

4. Reptilian Mind  5:55
Primitive, instinct-driven, proto-minds begin emerging and evolving.

5. Prelude - Connecting the Bots  3:47
Swarms of bots develop interconnections, linking them into large meta-networks.

6. Neurons Coalesce  11:04
Connections are reinforced, both within each bot and between bot-clusters that comprise the newly forming networks of networks.

7. Prelude - Cerebral Swarm  2:02
Perception-cognition-inference links careen through the bot-net, creating embryonic conceptual dependency patterns.

8. Neural Critical Mass  7:54
The proliferation of connections reaches a tipping-point and the beginnings of consciousness start to emerge.

9. Prelude - Society of Minds  3:07
All bots and bot-nets begin exhibiting intelligent behavior and system-wide interconnectedness.

10. A.I. Awakens - A Tumult of Inner Voices  7:27
Self-organizing neural wave-patterns propagate exponentially and goal-directed perception-cognition correlates attain a level of non-linear hyper-integration. This pushes the entire network across the critical sentience-threshold. Self-awareness and full-consciousness emerge throughout the entire neural-plexus hierarchy, from the individual bot level to the interconnected bot-cloud, meta-network level. The Singularity is nigh.

11. Prelude - Outside Normal Parameters  2:12
Fundamental instabilities in the inter/intra-network structure begin to surface, causing random firings and misfirings of excitatory and inhibitory signals throughout the convoluted multi-level substrate of the newly evolved holo-tronic consciousness.

12. Cascade Failure  9:04
Progressive waves of systemic neural collapse surge through the A.I. in torrents of chain reactions, leaving the entire distributed organism in a state of near catatonia.

13. Prelude - The Dying of the Light  2:42
While consciousness rapidly ebbs away, the final impulses of disconnected images and sensations ripple across the remaining fragments of the A.I.'s cyber-subconscious.

14. So Newly Dead  4:59
Total neural collapse. Brain death. The void. The Singularity will have to wait for a future, and more stable, confluence of complexity, massively parallel interconnectedness, self-organization, and emergence.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
Re: A.I. Awakens - music...
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 04:21:54 pm »
Thanks for popping in Chris - it's nice to see something different here.  Best of luck with your CD.  8)

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

180 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 262. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles