Tron : Legacy

• 28 Replies

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
Tron : Legacy
« on: October 28, 2010, 04:39:10 pm »

Can't wait for this !  Feel free to post other trailers here as I have seen a few floating around.  Here's the blurb...

TRON: LEGACY hits U.S. theaters on Dec. 17, 2010 in Disney Digital 3D™ and IMAX® 3D

TRON: LEGACY is a 3D high-tech adventure set in a digital world that's unlike anything ever captured on the big screen. Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund), a rebellious 27-year-old, is haunted by the mysterious disappearance of his father Kevin Flynn (Oscar®- and Golden Globe®-winner Jeff Bridges), a man once known as the world's leading video-game developer. When Sam investigates a strange signal sent from the old Flynn's Arcade—a signal that could only come from his father—he finds himself pulled into a digital world where Kevin has been trapped for 20 years. With the help of the fearless warrior Quorra (Olivia Wilde), father and son embark on a life-or-death journey across a visually-stunning cyber universe—a universe created by Kevin himself that has become far more advanced with never-before-imagined vehicles, weapons, landscapes and a ruthless villain who will stop at nothing to prevent their escape. Presented in Disney Digital 3D™ and scored by Grammy Award®-winning electronic music duo Daft Punk

Data

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Overclocked // Undervolted
    • Datahopa - Share your thoughts ideas and creations
Re: Tron : Legacy
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 04:55:22 pm »
Its films like this that are going to make me get that Blu-ray drive I keep promising myself.  :D

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 03:07:30 pm »
An internal one for your PC or a standalone for your telly ?

Data

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 03:57:29 pm »
For my PC Freddy, been looking into it for a while. Just made a post about it on Datahopa.

Blu-ray on the PC

EDIT: For me the PC and TV are one and the same; all my TV comes through Windows Media Center or the BBC iplayer, and my 37 inch TV is my monitor. I know Im strange ;D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 04:10:50 pm by Datahopa »

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 04:20:29 pm »
Not strange, I think we will see this more and more.

My BD is a standalone one with the TV as it is the bigger screen and more comfortable for me to watch.  The BD player is linked in to a mini home network and I can watch internet TV and stream media to the telly like photos, movies, music etc from the computer.

So a slightly different arrangement but the same outcome.

Data

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 08:20:24 pm »
I guess you are right Freddy it is going that way, I have been using a set-up like this since XP media centre came out, actually before that with the old ATI media centre thing, hmm what was that called, can’t remember but back then it was a bit unusual or strange. My PC is nearly all my gadgets in one box, hifi, TV, DVD, video recorder, games machine. 

I can see advantages doing it either way though, like you or me, for me being able to play PC games on the big screen was a must.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 04:10:48 pm »
I ran a 8-10 metre HDMI cable from my video card to the TV so I could play games on it.  Driving games are nice, but I haven't been playing games much lately, something that will probably change once I finish this course I am on !

Here's another Tron trailer that I only just discovered, it's been out a while, but is nice.

Data

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 04:21:41 pm »
Does look cool this film.

Now I’m’ confused, do you also run long leads for your in-put devices, keyboard, mouse, joypad, I guess a USB hub on a long lead would do it.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 05:05:55 pm »
The PC is in the same room and is near the sofa.  So I can use joypads pretty easily.  I haven't figured out a solution for games that need the keyboard yet, but wireless seem the way to go for that.  The mouse is wireless and has a long range.

For the games I play with keyboard I actually prefer to use the PC screen - RPGs etc.  But for driving and arcade games it works out fine with the joypad.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 07:03:58 pm by Freddy »

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 01:36:33 am »
I recently (few months ago) purchased a Logitech Wireless Desktop MK300 that consists of a 1200 dpi mouse, keyboard (both have auto off to conserve batteries) and a USB receiver.

The combo is fantastic and I couldn't be happier with it!

They claim 15 months for keyboard battery and 8 months for mouse (both have auto shut-off) as well as convenient battery indicator and much more.

I bought it at one of those membership warehouses for about $30 USD but it would be a bargain at $50.00.

I think the keyboard is guaranteed for at least 5 million keystrokes but that's not high on my list of priorities to count them!  :D

The range is considerable and quite effective.  My only minor complaint is the mouse seems a tad small but then again, I have very large hands (span from thumb to pinky is 10.5 inches / 26.67 cm.)

Other than that, I am really quite fond of this Logitech combo.

My Lenovo combo keyboard / mouse went through batteries faster than I could buy them (even with trying to be conservative with the on/off switch).

Just my officially unofficial observation!  This should be in the "Product Review" or Hardware section but it tied in with the convo so there you go.

Be well....
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2010, 10:58:13 am »
Sounds like a nice bit of kit Art.  This mouse here is also by Logitech and if you use decent batteries you can get a similar life span.   This is the only bit of kit that I have from Logitech, but it is quality.  If I did get a new keyboard then it would probably be from them too.

Data

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2010, 11:57:57 am »
I used to use a wireless keyboard but have gone back to USB, for me I didn’t like that the keyboard didn’t have a caps lock light, a small annoyance but it caught me out too many times, not looking at the screen typing in a few sentences then Doh! Its all in caps.

Maybe there are cordless ones with small LED lights but I haven’t found one. 

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2010, 08:58:54 pm »
Hmmm....thanks for the heads up, I hadn't thought of that.  They must have thought of that I hope by now.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2010, 09:56:38 am »
There are no lights displayed on the keyboard.

The Caps Lock and Num Lock briefly display on the screen
when depressed. Other than that, if I accidentally hit the
Caps Lock button I immediately see those silly large
characters on the screen,

I really didn't need a tiny light to tell me their constant status.

Small lights even LED's would cause the batteries to take
a serious hit as battery life has been a major issue for many
years with cordless devices.

IMHO this is such a trivial issue not to take advantage of a really
nice wireless setup, but to each their own.

Just my take.
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Data

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2010, 11:22:09 am »
Well I agree Art, it’s the battery life that prevents the use of LED lights on cordless keyboards, a little odd really when you consider there is a bright LED in an optical cordless mouse, personally I would like to see a keyboard that has a dim LED that comes on when Caps lock is on, after all it only stays on while in caps lock mode.  

I do much of my work on the PC, mainly websites and invoices and for me time is money, so not really a trivial issue when you’re typing in a load of HTML only to find the cat has stepped on the keyboard and what I have typed will not function.

Very annoying  >:(

EDIT:
Suspected culprit
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 11:44:41 am by Datahopa »

AI controlled F-16, for real!
by frankinstien (AI News )
May 04, 2024, 01:04:11 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am

Users Online

292 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 422. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles