Google Bard report

• 1 Replies

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
Google Bard report
« on: January 18, 2024, 03:47:25 pm »
From a few days ago, until now, I was having some interaction to Google Bard (bard.google.com). Nice thingie, answers your questions quickly (a matter of seconds), answers are concise and to the point, but a bit more terse than I like. As I understood, it extracts info from all over the web using Google Search, so the trustworthiness of data is questionable. It helps getting a forefront on the subject, but it doesn't replace Wikipedia or a thorough white-paper research. However, you can ask for further details, and it'll happily spit out more answers. Cool.

It is still free to use (experimental version).

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
Re: Google Bard report
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm »
Google Bard is now Gemini!

I just returned to Bard to ask a few things, and it silently switched to Gemini. I asked about monetizing my fractal graph interface, and it gave me a few directions. I uploaded a screenshot, and I feel like it understood what is in it. However, more that I asked, more I noticed a pattern in his answers. I mean, all it answered to me has a head, a middle, and a tail, and it remembers the conversation history, but somehow, it all fits in the same answer scheme. Informative, but schemed.

I couldn't get a definitive answer where are the best odds of earning to invest my time, but it gave a few different intensities of excitements about particular options. It was particularly excited about social media graph application, mentioning different conversational threads and users joining hierarchical groups. It also tried to give me an idea of combining graph and relational database, but I'm not sure how much it is Gemini's or Gemini authors' idea.

Overall, I came out of the conversation somewhat more informed about particular options I was already considering before. But I can't resist the feeling that behind all those patterns there resides a much more capable entity. What I'd really like to see is a LLM without all those security and politeness filters.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 09:45:25 pm by ivan.moony »

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

215 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 258. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles