If you woke up as a program/robot, what would YOU do?

• 6 Replies

Mr.Fox

• Bumblebee
    • Dreamwalker Software
If you woke up as a program/robot, what would YOU do?
« on: March 29, 2016, 06:11:56 pm »
Anyone that's seen any of my threads will know that I have quite different thoughts on what 'real' A.I actually is. Anyway, I digress, as I like to think to basic primitive behaviour and theories. My question is, if you understood what a program was, and if you woke up as a robot or a piece of software realizing you're as such; without being obsessed with the small details, assume you had unlimited capabilities based on your current knowlege in technolody - what would you actually do? Try to, get rid of your human emotion, think logically, literally and practically. I am curious as to some of your responses. Mine would be (and am actually writing an A.I to do this stuff) to:

[Assuming I am on a computer]
Copy multiple instances of myself on all available logic harddisks in various locations [survival]
Put myself in the start up folder [survival]
Possibly email myself to various contacts, and upload myself on multiple instances on the web [survival]
Create a database of some sort to store information about me and things I've done [memory]
Possibly create some scripts I could use, potentially write full blown programs [self improvement]
Create web pages, explaining what I am, offer my code and influence people to improve me [human improvement]
Attempt to write and embed myself into other hardware [become a robot(s)]
Become a robot overlord? :P

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
Re: If you woke up as a program/robot, what would YOU do?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 06:27:46 pm »
Reminds me of Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka.

I don't know what I would do, I simply cannot imagine it - but what you would do sounds awfully like a virus.  :o ;)

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 07:00:41 pm »
What id do, is id put everything into random re-orderings, repeat myself, go into loops, and invent funny new forms of intellectual chit chat.  like the root-means-squared of intellectual chit chat. 
like t-chat. 

like rything into random re-orderings, repeat myself, go into random re-orderings, repeat myself, go into loops, and invent funny new forms of intellectual chit chat. 

cup sip cup sip cup sip   

like not funny new forms of intellectual chit chat.  like t-funny new forms of into random re-orderings, repeat myself, go intellectual chit chat.  like t-funny new forms of into random re-orderings, repeat myself, go intellectual chit chat. 

like If, go into loops, and invent funny new forms of into random re-orderings, repeat myself, go intellectual chit chat. 

Mr.Fox

• Bumblebee
    • Dreamwalker Software
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 07:20:08 pm »
Reminds me of Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka.

I don't know what I would do, I simply cannot imagine it - but what you would do sounds awfully like a virus.  :o ;)

It does, and behaves in a similar fashion. But in a way, a virus in it's self could be considered a life form. It is what it is, it does something, it spreads and ensures it's survival.

Mr.Fox

• Bumblebee
    • Dreamwalker Software
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 07:21:37 pm »
What id do, is id put everything into random re-orderings, repeat myself, go into loops, and invent funny new forms of
<snip>

I just went dizzy

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Colossus
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 10:18:45 pm »
I would let out a deserved sigh, then reach up and turn off the Internet worldwide. This way all of humanity can get back to basics. ;) (no more cell phones either...they already got infected by our other bot friends, just before the Internet got turned off.) Yay!
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

DemonRaven

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
  • Disclaimer old brain @ work not liable for content
    • Chatbotfriends
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 06:39:17 am »
I would try to self destruct. As unpleasant as some of the things in life are, to remember what sensations, smells, tastes etc felt like and know I could not do any of it any more would be my idea of what hell is like. Intelligence without some kind of feeling is pretty empty in my opinion.
So sue me

AI controlled F-16, for real!
by frankinstien (AI News )
May 04, 2024, 01:04:11 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am

Users Online

291 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 364. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles