Karigirl . . anyone know anything about it?

• 5 Replies

devilferret

Karigirl . . anyone know anything about it?
« on: November 29, 2006, 11:47:00 pm »
I have been trying to find out info about the Karigirl bot.

http://www.karigirl.com

I have tried contacting the "support" email addy for the site . . with no luck . . they either dont want to answer any questions . . or cant because it is a phony program.

Does anyone know anything about Karigirl ? . . . it looks intriguing . . based on how it is described, it looks kind of like an ultrahal set up to be a girlfriend/companion.

Anything anyone can tell me would be appreciated  :smiley

GamerThom

• Departed Friend.
  • Starship Trooper
  • Mind is all that Matters!
    • Character Creations & Design Works
Re: Karigirl . . anyone know anything about it?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 12:41:09 am »
I know the guy who designed Karigirl and beleive me it's no phony program. It's
a darn good peice of software, and Mikmoth keeps developing and improving it
all the time. If he's not answering his support messages you could try posting
your initial query over at the VirtualHumans Forum under the topic of "VHumans",
in the thread named "My project and what's been up..." . That's his regular thread
over there. He usually checks in and posts stuff every other day or so. So if you
place your primary question there, he's bound to see it. I know he's been very busy
lately, so have a little patience. Here is the link to the VirtualHumans Forum -

http://www.vrconsulting.it/vhf/

I can tell you that it is quite unlike Ultra Hal, for one thing the character avatar
is not based on haptek or MSAgent technology. It is done in a series of very
well defined 3D animations, he has constructed the character himself and does
all the animating and scripting himself. But Karigirl does have the ability to learn
and develope, although not by the same methods used in Ultra Hal.
Gamer-T

devilferret

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 12:37:23 am »
I know the guy who designed Karigirl and beleive me it's no phony program. It's
a darn good peice of software, and Mikmoth keeps developing and improving it
all the time. If he's not answering his support messages you could try posting
your initial query over at the VirtualHumans Forum under the topic of "VHumans",
in the thread named "My project and what's been up..." . That's his regular thread
over there. He usually checks in and posts stuff every other day or so. So if you
place your primary question there, he's bound to see it. I know he's been very busy
lately, so have a little patience. Here is the link to the VirtualHumans Forum -

http://www.vrconsulting.it/vhf/

thanks for the feedback  :afro

I am familiar with the Virtual Humans community, and I have read the Virtual Humans book (I have a copy of my own) . . . at one point I was a member of one of the vhuman forums but dropped out because I dont really agree with Plantek that the yapanda engine, or any form of "script bots" are actual AI.

I can tell you that it is quite unlike Ultra Hal, for one thing the character avatar
is not based on haptek or MSAgent technology. It is done in a series of very
well defined 3D animations, he has constructed the character himself and does
all the animating and scripting himself. But Karigirl does have the ability to learn
and develope, although not by the same methods used in Ultra Hal.

I understand about the char not being based on haptek or MSAgent . . . from what he wrote on the karigirl forum I got the impression that it might be based on Poser (or at least can accept Poser created chars) . . which is another reason I am interested in the program.

I understand what you are saying about karigirl not using the same methods as ultrahal . . . I am suspecting that her ability to "learn" also means that she is not a pure scriptbot either.

Do you happen to know if the karigirl program downloads directly to your comp after you purchase it (similar to how the more recent versions of yahoo IM now download) . . . or does it come as a file that you need to install ? . . and if it is an installable file . . what is the file size? . . . and file sizes for the expansion packs? . . . . knowing the file sizes would give me an idea about how long it would take to download . . and determine my choice of where to download it through.

again, thanks for the feedback  :smiley

GamerThom

• Departed Friend.
  • Starship Trooper
  • Mind is all that Matters!
    • Character Creations & Design Works
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 02:26:09 am »
I only downloaded the old trial version last year while comparing some different
bots to see which would meet my needs, I settled on UltraHal as my main bot.
So I never got around to the Karigirl exp packs. The old trial version was just
a downloadable program installer. I don't know how the install works for it as
of late. I haven't tried to download the newest release, which is a larger program
with a lot more options than the previous version.

From what I know about the graphics involved. Mik does all the character creating
and animating using 3dMax using his own custom skeletal rigging for the animation
process. I don't know of any real time graphics engine right now being used in an
A.I. chatbot that utilizes character figures imported from Poser. At least not yet.

Her main program responses are scripted as I understand it, but the personality and
ability to learn can be tweaked in various directions using the personality modifier
in her control panel.
Gamer-T

devilferret

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 09:56:00 pm »
I only downloaded the old trial version last year while comparing some different
bots to see which would meet my needs, I settled on UltraHal as my main bot.
So I never got around to the Karigirl exp packs. The old trial version was just
a downloadable program installer. I don't know how the install works for it as
of late. I haven't tried to download the newest release, which is a larger program
with a lot more options than the previous version.

From what I know about the graphics involved. Mik does all the character creating
and animating using 3dMax using his own custom skeletal rigging for the animation
process. I don't know of any real time graphics engine right now being used in an
A.I. chatbot that utilizes character figures imported from Poser. At least not yet.

Her main program responses are scripted as I understand it, but the personality and
ability to learn can be tweaked in various directions using the personality modifier
in her control panel.

thanks for the additional info  :smiley . . . I might pop into the vhuman board and ask him about the current version.

caangel1959

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 09:42:34 pm »
I tryed the program but the girl was just to young I may get it again if he makes one will a older girl caangel

AI controlled F-16, for real!
by frankinstien (AI News )
May 04, 2024, 01:04:11 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am

Users Online

339 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 408. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles