Hap Explorer

• 172 Replies

Jake

Re: Hap Explorer BETA
« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2009, 07:03:58 am »
Freddy...

I sent you a private message, but I'm not sure it went through... let me know if you did not get it and I'll try it again.

Thanks,
Jake

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2009, 02:12:43 pm »
Hi Jake,

I got your message fine, it did go through the first time but never mind.

I can help you with that, but I need a little while to check over my code, it's been ages since I did this and my memory of it is fuzzy.  I also need to re-install VB Express as I built a new PC a short while ago and I didn't put it on here yet.  Leave it with me and I will get back to you.

:)

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2009, 03:13:26 pm »
Dusky,

What version of Windows are you using ?  I have doubts this will work on Vista - maybe you could try running it as Administrator, I understand Vista hides stuff away.  MicroSoft seems to think we can't be trusted with our own machines these days.

Maviarab might be able to help you with running things on Vista - personally I have no plans to use it, not until I really have to, hopefully that day will not come.

Maviarab

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • What are you doing Dave?
    • The Celluloid Sage
« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2009, 03:15:20 pm »
Want me to start beta vista testing it for you dude?

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2009, 03:41:51 pm »
Sure, maybe you can work out the Vista problems for us  ;D  Cheers.

Maviarab

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • What are you doing Dave?
    • The Celluloid Sage
« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2009, 04:09:08 pm »
Test 01:

Installed Hap player....clicked 'show me'....went to web page....didnt have a player istalled to show content...hmmmmm

Re sinatlled from web site....same thing. Cancelled it....installed activex script....hap player showed.

So, double clicked Setup.exe for the hapexplorer....initialised...opened up ok....dragged fullbod onto explorer (wouldnt drag onto hap window)...and all seems fine.

So, system, Vista32 Ultimate, UAC is disabled, I am the admin (no other accounts except mine), .net3.5 was already installed anyway...

Only thing I can possibly think for anyone having issues...are you using version 0.8.0.10 OR 0.8.0.11?

I downloaded v0.8.0.11 and it ran perfectly fine on this machine.

If anyone still having any issues, let me know in this thread and ill try and recreate them on my Vista machine.

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2009, 09:21:46 pm »
Duskrider,
  I ran into a problem with the Hapexplorer installing, possibly the same issue. The Hapexplorer is looking for the Haptek temp file
hap_temp.  Try running a player that opens in the Hap Player, I double click on a htr.  this should give you a hap_temp folder where everything is uncompressed.  I made the folder read only so it did not disappear and loaded the Hapexplorer.  I'm using XP but it sounds like the same problem.  My hap_temp disappears almost instantly after shutting down the Hap Player, much faster than in the past.
Carl2

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #112 on: March 01, 2009, 03:03:56 pm »
Carl, does Hap Explorer not work if you don't do this ?  It should open a Haptek window, then check for the hap_temp folder...

Dusk, please can you clarify the error -  is it saying it can't find the hap_temp folder ?  Also, does a Haptek window appear ?

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #113 on: March 01, 2009, 07:00:48 pm »
Freddy,
  Been awhile ago and I was unfamiliar with it, used earlier versions some time ago.   To the best of my memory it began to load, no viewer ? , I believe it tried to find the hap_temp and sent a notice saying it could not find it. The Hapexplorer would not work.
  I remember looking for it, starting  a character,  noticed it disappeared right after exiting the Hap Player so I changed the properities of the folder to read only.  Changed it back to RW after Hap explorer was up and running and it is okay.
Carl2

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #114 on: March 01, 2009, 07:03:49 pm »
Ah right, so long as you can get it working.  You can also set the hap_temp path within the directory options of Hap Explorer..

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #115 on: March 02, 2009, 09:50:50 pm »
  It's been up and running without problems for a while.  Also been playing with the Bzip2 that Haptek uses for compression, I have 3 versions, one runs in the command prompt, one works with txt files, and another, Haptek must have made their own version.    While using the switches in the Hapexplorer I found some switches not working,  I've found I can open the Htr, but can not make changes without corrupting the file.  Opening the file should bring me to the paramaters used with the Haptek engine.  It would be nice to tweak the settings similar to the way you can tweak the smile hap.  I did learn when Body_female .htr is opened in the Hap registry it loads a body_female 3,300kb file that is a Haptek Player doc, the original htr is about 1,000kb.  The body_female 3,5000 kb will load in the hap registry but not in the Hapexplorer.  When it loads the other files: startup, hair, skin ect appear.
Carl2

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #116 on: March 23, 2009, 08:23:29 pm »
Freddy. 
  As you know I'm interested in the lighting.  I started making a new texture to load onto fullbody.  In the past I used the Haptek SDK methods to change lighting.  Seems much easier to use the Hap explorer to set the lighting.  A while ago I played with the Hap explorer and got this out as a result:   \setmaterial [ figure= body_female i0= 1 r= 0.652174 g= 0.652174 b= 0.652174 a= 1]  which I used in a htr i made to load body_female.  While using the the Hap explorer again I get  a lighting.milf file which contains :

#CGANIMATOR~MATERIAL LIGHTING FILE#

That  seems  to be then settings in the Hap explorer.  When the file is put into Haptek She reads the numbers.  How can I convert the above info into a lighting text to be used with Ultra Hal?  At present I'm using the Hapexplorer window to set the texture I'm making.  Also I've been unable to find the lighting file for Body_female that fullbodygirl has.
Carl2

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #117 on: March 23, 2009, 09:31:17 pm »
Hi Carl,

Yes, I did mention in the help files that the .mlf files are just for use by Hap Explorer.  You can't use them directly with Haptek, it's just a way of making them easily restored in Hap Explorer for later use.

If you want to use material settings for Haptek there is a simple method :

1) Make any changes to the material as you see fit.

2) Go to the bottom of the Materials section and in the bottom right hand corner is a '+' button (see image).

3) Click on the + button !

4) Open up the 'Pads' and in the Notepad the current material settings will have been saved there for use in Haptek.

Hope that helps :)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 09:43:55 pm by Freddy »

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #118 on: March 24, 2009, 12:25:48 pm »
Freddy,
  Again thanks for the quick reply, again I should have checked the help. Your advice makes it much easier to work with the Hap explorer.  It seems the lighting may be additive as is the case with some of the motion haps.  I've been able to find a lighting that isn't to bright and and dosen't change the color when moved from Paint Shop to the haptek player.  I have a collection of lighting files I've moved into this computer, some work without problems and some are not as reliable. 
Carl2

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #119 on: March 24, 2009, 12:59:19 pm »
No problem Carl. Good luck with what you are doing..

Open AI GPT-4o - audio, vision, text combined reasoning
by MikeB (AI News )
May 14, 2024, 05:46:48 am
AI controlled F-16, for real!
by frankinstien (AI News )
May 04, 2024, 01:04:11 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm

Users Online

312 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 333. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles